I finished one commission and sent it on it's way, and I'm about to start on the next one. I finished one before these for a friend who wanted a picture for her wedding invitations. Yesterday I designed the back of the invitations, and although I swore at the computer, alot, it came out looking pretty good. I'm actually quite happy with it. Once they're printed up, I'll do a show and tell.
During one of my stroppy fits at Abobe Illustrator yesterday, I took a walk around the garden to decompress. It was a good idea in the end because I found some lovely little treasures that cheered me up again.
Here's a teeny-tiny egg I found on the grass under a tree that someone has recently hatched out of... But all that was left inside once I found it was this teeny-tiny slug. CUTE! :)

Normally when I find slugs in the garden I pitch them over the back fence into the bush, but they're the big ugly fat ones. This one was soooo cute I put him in the most delicious spot I could find. I'll let him build up some cushioning before I send him flying ;)
I was also reminded how close Christmas is when I came across this stunning golden Christmas beetle. It's a girl. How can I tell? Check out those eyelashes.

- - -
We also got a bit domestic this week, cleaning up thoroughly for a rental property inspection by our property agent. Actually we did it twice this week, because she forgot about it the first time.
Mr You and I also made a cake for our neighbour for his birthday. We're not too hot in the kitchen so we were quite pleased with out efforts. It was Mr You's idea to put a coral trout on the top in sprinkles, our neighbour is a mad fisherman and that's his favourite fish... He recognised the breed right away when he saw the cake, and when we ate some together, he cut the slices around the fish, hehehe. Afterwards Mr You and I got home to a cake-less house and suffered terrible cake cravings.

_ _ _
It wasn't all celebrations this week. Sadly I heard that Cindy Woods passed away.

Those of you who play Illustration Friday would know Cindy as the woman from Learning Daily who does the beautiful quick sketches of people...

Ridiculously I had assumed all these years that she must work in a hospital, because all of her sketches always centred around patients... It seems silly now, knowing she was suffering from cancer... I guess I just never like to think of people as being able to get sick.
Tributes have been popping up around peoples blogs, so I wanted to say something too. She used to come by and leave comments, and I enjoyed her blog very much. It's really very sad. I hope she's somewhere nice now.
_ _ _
Now I'm looking forward to tomorrow. After the end of "This Is", Cindy from Bug and Pop has stepped up and started a new meme for us to play. This one is called "Eye-Spy Sunday" and the first week's topic is "Eye Spy what I want for Christmas" :D
It's going to be great!
I also found a few new giveaways. Great ones, but didn't have time to enter. I'll try and track them down to share with you.
Okay, that's all. Hope you all had a good week. I have to go and design a catalogue, design and print cards, create a quote and do some invoicing. Fun weekend...
See why I'm looking forward to Eye-Spy so much? See you tomorrow. :D










5 comments:
Wow, that beetle is amazing. Makes me want to get the paints out and have a go of copying him.
I'll look forward to seeing what you want for Christmas.
Wow, that's quite a wrap-up :)
in my garden on the week-end all i found was a big lizard...he was sweet but not nearly as divine as that beetle...am just looking into the eye-spy sunday meme...
looking fun,
happy week to you,
x ashley
i can't believe that is a real bug! wow! i love a week-in-review with Flossy!
Big week! Love the cake, that's so very cute... and the bug pic!
Post a Comment