Hold onto your hats people...
This is: a favourite recipe I'd like to share.
Okay, so while I have confessed to being totally shithouse in the kitchen, let me start by saying this dish is pretty fail safe... even for me!
I ate this at a cafe once, loved it so much I deconstructed the ingredients, and practiced making it over and over until it tasted the same as I remembered from the cafe.
So, this is my Warm Chick Pea Salad
Ingredients:
- 1/4 pumpkin
- 400g tin of chick peas
- Punet of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch of flat leaf parsley
- Feta cheese (around 6-8 chunks per person)
- Dukkah
- Natural yogurt
Method:
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Cut a few pumpkin chunks or slices (2-3 per person), lightly oil, and bake it the oven until yummy roasted consistency (usually takes about 30 mins)
- When there's only 5-10 minutes left for your pumpkin to cook start to prepare the salad
- Drain the tin of chick peas, and tip into a saucepan on the stove (medium to low heat). You want to warm them through, not cook them or make it too hot.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the pot too
- Cut up a good bunch of flat leaf parsley and stir that into the pot next
- Add chunks of feta, stir through gently
- You want to do the rest quite quickly as you don't want the parsley or feta to go too soggy
- Take the pumpkin out of the oven, and serve up onto plates
- Serve the chick pea salad mix up on top of the pumpkin
- Sprinkle a good generous tablespoon or two of dukkah over the salad
- Top with a dollop of natural yogurt (a small tablespoon should do it)
- Eat!
It's quick, easy and healthy. Vegetarian too! Those measurements feed 2 people, and if you need to pad it out more, it goes really well with cous cous. I usually allow for 1/2 tin of chick peas per person.
We ate it last night and I forgot to take a photo. Sorry. It's yummy though, I promise, try it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










7 comments:
Yummy yum! I love chickpeas and will definitely give this one a go!
OMG. That sounds fabulous. A perfect combination of a few of my faves... roast pumpkin, chickpeas, Feta! Mm mmmm.
sounds delicious - will have to give it a try.
It does sound yummy. I am going to make it to serve with a pumkin, fetta and spanish onion tart. Yummo.
sounds yummy! I have a similar recipe that is roasted pumpkin + chickpeas with tahini sauce, from a morroccan cookbook. I haven't made it in a while so now I think I'll have to go dig it out...
Ooooh, this sounds right up my alley. Definitely going to try this one :)
Was so yum and I posted pics on my blog. Thanks for the recipe.
Post a Comment