flossy-p home

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

loot, glorious loot

Tinniegirl has just finished her '7 Days of Loot'; a show and tell of all her lovely new wares. While I wasn't organised enough to join in at the time, here's my wrap-up of recent loot.

Speaking of Tinniegirl, she and I did a little swap, yes we did :)
I spied a tinnie of hers in her etsy shop that my heart could not deny. I was about to buy it then and there, when I had a thought... maybe she would like to do a swap instead. A few emails back and forth and each of us were delighted with our new goods.

I sent her 2 prints, and some other bits and pieces, and she sent me this!...

Tinnie

But not only that, I mentioned that I have been collecting little village shop tins (I have a little village along the tops of my kitchen cupboards), and she sent me a whole little street of shops for my village. Thanks to her generosity I now have a new Butcher Shop, Lobster Pot Cafe, Italian Restaurant, AND Mexican Cantina!!!!! It's awesome, and I ADORE them. Thank-you so much Cathy!

These new shops brings my tin collection count to 19, weeeee.

Tin Village


Next on the loot list is glassware. For our tables (at our upcoming wedding), we're going for a rustic/vintage/country cottage kinda thing. I've been keeping all my glass jars, and last weekend we went to the recycle centres at the local tips. OMG! It's my heaven! I got all these for under $10! (plus other stuff). I was so thrilled, they're just what I'm looking for!

Glassware

Imagine these, if you will, with flowers and tea-light candles inside. :)


And finally, for my loot wrap-up, I have a gift from a friend. When I was in Sydney, hanging out with my friend for the day she went off for a quick rummage and returned with this!

Akira Fabric

It's a whole bag of fabric remnants that she got from the Akira Isogawa warehouse sale. And she got it all for ME!!!! I couldn't believe it! She said it was suppose to be my Christmas present, but stuff happened, and she held onto it for me anyway. How awesomely amazing and generous. You can't even see half of it in this pic, there's so much. No bits are large enough to make a full garment, but there's so many beautiful small, delicate silks, I'll have to think up something great for them to become.
Any ideas?

I'm sure you're drooling now (hey, it's fabric, we girls can't help it), so I'll leave it there. :)

8 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Oh, I love your little village. It's so wonderful. I'll certainly keep an eye out for you now.

Those glass jars are beautiful too. I can absolutely imagine them full of flowers and light.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

OH MY GOD!!!! that fabric!!!!! aRE YOU SERIOUS- WHO HAS THAT LAYING AROUND????I NEED TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH YOUR FRIENDS FLOSSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN I COME OVER AND STROKE YOUR FABRCIS???? LUCKY YOU. ( JUST YELLING IN AN EXCITED WAY)xxx I know something great you could do with the fabric... you see its my birthday in july............... hehehe

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow, it's Loot central at your place! How cool is your little village of tins.

Anna Lloyd said...

Some lovely loot! I wish I had known about the Akira sale!

Bec said...

Oh the fabric!!! The jars!!! Those tins!!! You are the LOOT GODDESS!!!!!!!!!
All I can say is...lucky lucky you - you must have been building some super karma to get all that :D

Rayne said...

Wonderful, wonderful, loot!
I love the vintage glassware idea. The little tin village is just the absolute sweetest thing.

Anastasia said...

ohhh well done on the fabric remnants!! they look great ...im a sucker for pretty fabrics although I cant sew...shame!
love the tins too - so cute stacked up like that!

Emerald Arts said...

Maybe you could start making plush creatures with all your shiny fabric? I went to a wedding a while ago where the cake toppers were two little birds, one with a tux and top hat and a little lady one with a dress and veil. Cutest cake ever ;)

Yay for new fabrics and tins and jars!