(A day late. Sorry)
I've been hunting around on Etsy looking for something to wear in my hair. I'm after something kinda subtle, but I'm just not sure what yet. My dress style doesn't lend well to a flower, so I'm looking for something else; something different, but subtle.
I'll keep looking.
On my quest I have discovered amazing hair wear. Stuff so cool I just had to share:
(Listen to me gettin' all Dr Zuess!)
I WISH I had an excuse to wear this somewhere, just for the sheer joy of it!

By Magenta Fabulous.
Or this follyful piece...

By Which Goose.
Feathers again, this time in a more structured fashion...

By Lov Mely.
Some wild flowery hair wear...

By Which Goose.
Or a more handcrafted felty piece...

By The Candy Thief.
While these are all incredible, they are a little too much on the BIG side of the scale for what I'm after.
At this stage I am inkling towards small feathers or a not-too-glitzy jewel. There is a risk with feathers of looking like someone has wedged a whole dismembered bird wing into your hair (which, let's face it, is NOT the effect anyone wants!), but I've noticed most the feather-craft folk on Etsy have design skills that avoid this sense altogether. Instead conjuring a scene of a happy lass collecting fallen feathers from the soft pine needle carpet of a forest floor, until there is a basket full. Bringing them home and crafting something sensational by on open fireplace of a woodland cottage. Hehehehe, let me dream people!
There are some truly amazing things on Etsy. A whole solar system of uber-creative talented people. Gosh I love Etsy!










6 comments:
i love the feathers, perfect I reckon!! they are all gorgeous! people on etsy are so very clever...
I like feathers too despite my worry they come from birds bred for the purpose.
Nice choices!
By the way, nice coop for the Gallery of NSW! I saw your beautiful cards in there yesterday, lovely too lovely!
I love the peacock feathers! Cheers for the email btw, much appreciated. I'll forward it to Fi. They're travelling around Queensland among the grey nomads and is out of mobile phone range most of the time. She did manage to call me the other day for a chat!
Beautiful finds - I love the butterfly one
Yes, Etsy = Love, for sure.
Can't wait to see what you find for your hair. I guess we'll have to wait a while until all is revealed!
I love the butterflies. So beautiful. I love the first one too - so wild!
What about this: http://www.shopbando.com/Products.aspx?cid=4
I know it's not Etsy, but there are some gorgeous pieces on here.
I wore a vintage diamante headband on my wedding day. I can send you a pic if you like.
Wow - word verification is: train (my little guy would love that!)
Post a Comment