I'm having such a hard time finding time to blog at the moment. There's just too much going on. I must admit some of it is self-imposed. You see, being a creative type is good and all that... until... you have to plan a wedding.
I'm just finding that I can't select anything from a shop, or out of a catalogue, or from a photo. It just seems too normal or something. I can't seem to stop myself "mixing-it-up". Taking something that's there and changing it into something else, so it's a little more unique, a touch more creative, and... get ready for it... "bespoke". BAhahaha.
I just can't look at something without seeing how much better it could be with a little bit of this, or less of that....
Hell yeah, I might hear you cry, and yes, I'd agree, except I'm trying to do it all on a small budget (without making it look like it).
It'd be fine if I came up with the ideas, then passed the plans over to a professional to fulfill, but I don't have that luxury. So I'm master-crafting myself silly. Taking up all my time on basic things that could be solved with one quick trip to the shops... in theory.
No I can't just buy a pair of earrings. No no no, I have to spent 4 weeks finding just the right pair of old vintage ones, then when I get them I have to pull them apart, get someone else to make me a bit more to complement, then organise for a jeweller to put them all back together. And do it all for under $50. All this has so far taken a couple of months.
If I had $200 to spare on a pair of earrings I could have easily handed them over to the first jeweller I went to, and saved myself an extra 3 weeks of searching and deciding what to do.
For earrings! I know! I told you, it's a curse... sometimes.
Anyway, it's frustrating, but it's also heaps of FUN. I just wish I had a little more time. My wedding craft list is becoming unruly.
- - -
Now, it's rude to winge, then leave you with nothing lovely to even look at. So here are some pretty pics I've collected. No theme in particular. But that's appropriate this week, it matches my ever increasing, only 2 months to go, totally scattered frame of mind. (Which is also my excuse for not remembering where I got these images. Sorry, and thank-you to the owners).
Anyway Enjoy! :




(This last image is from the amazing Rebecca Thuss site).










7 comments:
That last image is so beautiful. It actually reminds me of your work somehow - beautiful colours, boldly put together. Love it.
Hope the earrings, and all the other bits, are everything you want them to be.
Well I think your wedding is going to be a beautiful artistic and very individual event and will be excited to see the photos after the day!
I love the flowers under the glasses.
I think it is important to make choices that make it your special day. And if that means spending time being creative and stepping outside the square all the better. Not only will it be special for you it will be memorable and beautiful for your family and friends too.
Have fun!
I know what you mean, but I think you are definitely going to have an AMAZING Wedding!! Just make sure on the day you just have a good time and don't stress. Oh and the Rebecca Thuss website is great!
Gorgeous images - I love that path of petals! I so feel you on the crafty overload...I was just like that with my wedding. I crazily handstamped 150 invitations...insane! I'm glad you're having fun though - you deserve it!
awww, I think yor thought processes in planning the wedding are quite sweet :) I hope it all goes well for you and that you manage to enjoy the planning amidst the chaos.
The petal aisle is just amazing. Quite breathtaking really! All the best for your wedding plans. Just got married myself in March and it really was an enchanted evening, we had a blast.
Post a Comment