"eye-spy a collection".I have shown you all my collections before. The blue painted porcelain, the village store tins, and the vintage glass collection. So this time I thought I'd share another collection that lives with us...
Mr You has a couple of collections going, one being interesting instruments. It's fairly newish, and he's discerning, so our house isn't filled with bits of broken stuff that isn't playable. I think one day when we have a house of our own, he'd like a whole wall where he can display them all. They're mostly string instruments, but there's a couple of odd Asian wind instruments now too. There's the obligatory guitars of a few varieties, a mandolin, a banjo...
Then last year his Dad found a type of Italian mandolin that we think is about 100 years old. He recently had it restored, and it's beautiful.
At Christmas I bought him an Appalachian Dulcimer (as a combined Christmas/engagement gift). He loves it! It's so beautiful just as an object in itself, with it's heart shaped holes. But it has a really lovely sound too. To play it you lay it across your lap facing up, and either hammer or slide the strings. It's WAY cool.

I think next he might have his eye on an Indian sitar next. :)
This weeks theme from Liesl of Hoppo Bumbo.
(p.s. GOSH a whole week slipped by between posts then. Where did that week go?)









3 comments:
I left this great comment for you about how much I love string instruments and why. Only problem was I somehow managed to leave it on someone else's blog. Such an idiot sometimes.
Ms L is a lover of string instruments and owns a number of guitars and a ukulele. She also plays in a guitar and mandolin ensemble.
您還在為~~~~~
網路行銷 網路排名
網頁優化 網站排名
排名行銷 搜尋行銷
自然排列 網站優化
seo 關鍵字 seo排名
而煩惱與困擾嗎!!!
您仍然選擇關鍵字廣告被有心人惡意點擊呢!!!
只要成為首頁科技網路排名即可免費喔~~
1.免費虛擬主機
2.免費修改網頁
3.免費架設部落格
4.免費論壇登錄
5.免費網站登錄
6.知識+回答
任選六組關鍵字”首頁”價格最多只要6000元/月
同業做到的,也許是你所想要!
我們做到的服務與價格,卻是同業所無法想像的!
I just recently got a hold of a dulcimer! I haven't been able to play it yet becuase it needs a few repairs. . . but I can't wait! So fun!
Post a Comment