flossy-p home

Friday, November 20, 2009

mountains of mess

It's only taken 5 days... 5 days to turn every surface of the entire house into my own factory:

My studio table is a pizza of drawing and painting stuff...

The spare room has been overtaken by a forest of sewing, complete with vines of fabric, shrubs of wadding, ironing board, balls of wool, etc...

The coffee table is spread thick with wedding thank-you notes in progress, stamps, envelopes, address book...

The dining room table has sunk under the weight of wedding photo's...

And thanks to my failed efforts to recreate the bircher muesli I became addicted to on our honeymoon, the kitchen is a little less than tidy too.

I pick Mr You up from the airport very early tomorrow morning.
What to do? What to do?

Spend the evening bouncing enthusiastically around the loungeroom to loud 80's pop, ending in an icecream stupor???
Or intensively de-flossy-fying the ridiculously messy house???

It IS Friday night.... Hmmmm....
Is it too soon to call "happy wife, happy life" on this one? heeee

Mr Happy

8 comments:

Anna Lloyd said...

That's how our place gets when Steve goes away. Although now I can blame it on the child too. ;)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

never to early to call the "happy wife happy life" into action- thats why god invented it.

... and whats he gonna do? scream yell? I DOUBT IT!!!

( thanks for our thankyou note- very kind) x

Geek+Nerd said...

Oh, I hear you! My kitchen is an absolute debacle right now. I think every dish I own is dirty and piled on every free surface. AHHHHHHH.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I love taking over the house. It's one of the nice things about having the place to yourself. Hope you enjoyed your last night of mess.

Chrisy said...

He won't care I'm sure...and if he does well I'm sure you can distract him somehow ;) And thank you dear girl for your well wishes...they're appreciated so much.

Geek+Nerd said...

Thanks for the comment on the birthday post Flossy, the love was felt. xoxo

Lois said...

Hey Flossy!
Houses were meant to get messy and dirty.
The mess isn't going anywhere and you never know when you'll get the place to yourself again so enjoy it while it lasts.
Anyway, how could you say no to ice-cream?

Cindy said...

i hope Mr You got a great cuddle and when are we going to see those wedding pictures Missy