flossy-p home

Friday, May 11, 2007

fur news

Olives

Thank-you all for your concern for Tilli. We visited her a few times this week, and each time she seemed a bit better. She's eating very well, her spirits seem good, and her eye is slowly improving thanks to some very hard-core antibiotics. It is still mostly closed over but the swelling is so much better than before, mind you it's still a fair way from being better.

I rang today to get an update and they said there's been a 50% improvement, but they will be keeping her until it has reached 100%. So we just need to be patient and wait. (I must say hearing the 50% improvement bit made me very happy).
They still haven't been able to get in to see her eye and work out what the actual problem is, so there's still that step to go.
I'm hoping that by the time she is diagnosed, whatever it is will have run its course and there'll be no further problem. I'm not sure that's how it will work out though, and we need to remain realistic... But... Hopefully when her eye opens back up, there's still a healthy little eyeball inside, waiting to peep out.

In the meantime, we're just exercising our zen like patience.

In other furry news: The last few weeks there's been loud galloping over the top of our roof at night. At first we thought it must have been a big old, ungraceful tom cat, chasing the sleeping birds. But the gallop is so loud that the cat would need to be wearing clogs to make that much noise. Last night when it happened Mr You and I launched a covert operation. He snuck outside, I counted to 10, then I flicked on the outside lights and ran out. It's a possum! A big old possum! We were so surprised. What's a possum doing this far into the city, and where on earth does it live? I've seen loads of possums, just never in the city.

Anyway, he didn't seem at all bothered by us, he just had a look and went back to feasting on the olives in our neighbour's big olive tree. I'm not sure what to do. Should I call someone to let them know he's here? I don't really mind him being there. So far he hasn't moved into our roof, so it's okay I guess. BUT the moment he does, he's out of here. I still harbour harsh feelings towards the possum that lived in our roof when I was 10. The obnoxious beast peed so much it ran down the wall, all over my Duran Duran and a-Ha posters. They were streaky, stained, smelly and that old possum was never forgiven... Nope. Never!

4 comments:

Rayne said...

This is so funny. Like you said, since he's not causing any damage it should be fine.
We have an oppossum that wanders around on our fence and my dog will bark at him. The possum panics, goes stiff, plays dead and falls off the fence which scares my dog who comes running straight into the house. Every single time. You would think one or the other of them would get used to it by now.

Anonymous said...

hahaha, I would harbor harsh feelings if an oppossum peed on my posters too! I hope he stays nicely away from your roof.

On the other hand, great news about Tilli! I hope her eye completely heals and she's able to go home soon! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Can you pass some of that "zen like patience" on to me? I really need some!

Rayne said...

p.s. I forgot to say I am glad Tilli is doing better.

Allison said...

cool photo! bad possum. whisker kisses for sweet tilli.