flossy-p home

Sunday, May 06, 2007

you couldn't make this stuff up

I seem to have established a manic post pattern lately, which swings from the exciting heights of illustrations, down to the tumultuous depths of our search for a kitty cat.

All aboard! Next stop Kitty Sorrow.

So last stop we had fallen in love again, had put a deposit on Tilli, and were waiting out the mandatory time for her previous owners to track her down (if that was ever their intention). It was a loooong week, let me tell you, but it all ended very happily when we finally bought her home on Friday. Hoooray!

However, when we picked her up she had a very mild case of flu, and a very sore eye. They gave us some medicines and told us that the bad eye was just part of the flu. We had her here at home for less than 24hrs before we realised that this eye was in no way a side effect of a flu, it got really bad, and we took her back. She stayed in kitty hospital overnight, and we’re now waiting on the phone call from the vet to tell us what’s happened. We hardly slept last night worrying about how she is.

It’s so awful. I didn’t believe we actually had her until we got her in our house. She fit in right away and after 2 hours was so happy and excited she was dashing from one end of the house to the other, stopping for a cuddle inbetween each lap.

She had already had human visitors and also already established her favourite spots to sit. So it broke our heart to wake up the next morning to find her in such pain, and to have to take her back yesterday. I’m so worried that she thinks we don’t want her anymore. Tilli, WE DO! We’re dying here.

Mr You’s favourite cat (when he was growing up) got an eye scratch which ended up getting so bad that the eye had to be removed. So he is understandably fearing the worst. I don’t know what to think. This whole process has just been the most depressing experience.

Damn it. I can’t wait. I’m going to go and call the vet now. Wish us luck (again).

UPDATE: They said it's not good. She's staying in hospital for now, and they assure me they're being super careful and doing all they can to save her cute little eye. Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I hope everything turns out perfectly!!!

Anonymous said...

Wishing for a happy ending Flossy!

laura said...

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for Tilli today!

I honestly have never heard of anyone who has had worse cat luck than you, and you really don't deserve it. Neither does Tilli.

When Tilli is home and well I expect photos of her!

Allison said...

this is just too sad. i'm sending my best wishes and happiest thoughts to the little fuzz - and to you and Mr. You of course. big *hugs*