When Mum gave this 'Dead Sea Black Mud Soap' to me as a gift it cracked me up. I'll admit I'm not so crash hot on the geography trivia questions, but I'm pretty sure the Dead Sea is not in Australia. Maybe it's all part of the drought propaganda. Speaking of which, a few years back a prankster rang a very well known (but arrogant and stupid) radio talk show host here in Sydney. The prankster pretended he was some sort of drought specialist engineer, and told the talk show host, on air, that they were working with the federal government on a plan to help ease the water crisis. The plan was to tilt the east coastline of Australia up, forcing the rivers to run back inland, therefore creating natural irrigation to the farmers out west. The talkshow host believed it, and quoted this plan as fact for a few weeks after.
While we're on the topic of such brilliance... for those of you who may not know, Australias number one tennis player Llayton Hewitt recently married Home & Away soap star Bec Cartwright. Let's just say it was a little bit "shotgun", but that didn't alter the love between them. Her poem to him put it all in perfect perspective. Check it out, it's well worth it! (here with astute commentary). And I promise you the phrase "this can't be real" will pass your lips - the answer is YES IT IS, 100%!
In other happy news, my rosemary bush has burst into bloom with tiny purple flowers. I'm so proud. Much like geography, I'm not so hot in the garden, but I refuse to give up. My latest victims are lavender bushes and a rosemary bush. So far they seem to be going quite well, that is of course unless the blooming of flowers is a last pitch attempt at spreading new life before it withers and dies. Gulp...
Now the happiest news of all...
I am the proud new owner of one of Penelope Dullaghan's beautiful Dandelion prints.
I'm besotted with it.
For some besottment of your very own visit Penelope's shop: Lopie Pop.










No comments:
Post a Comment