flossy-p home

Thursday, August 11, 2005

drive.oh.five

DriveohFiveA quick update on the CD from Anna at Clicktyclick in Canada, now that I've listened to it (actually I haven't stopped).

As Anna put it, "trucks and pink gingham together at last"!
A road trip CD with a homely twist. The packaging is gorgeous, I especially like the plain gingham CD lable, no words needed to do this classic fabric justice.


DriveohFive_tracklistThis is a fabulous tracklist, packed to the brim with Canadian bands. I was curious when I made my CDs about which Australian bands people had heard of before. So, the bands I know are: Broken Social Scene, The Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Wilco and Palace Music.

This is my kind of music, we even had a "snap" on one song that made it to both of our CDs. There's loads of stuff on here I haven't heard of before. I really like the Death Cab for Cutie track and I love the Mirah song too.

The Weakerthans track 'One Great City!' made me laugh, as I once met a boy from Winnipeg (who was working at a youth hostel in Rome at the time), who pretty much quoted this song. "I hate Winniepeg". I'm sure it's not that bad, although it does sound unbelievably cold.

Anyway, thanks Anna. I'm really liking this one alot.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ohhh, I'm really just thrilled that you like it--it's such a gamble, making a cd for a stranger.

FYI, a tidbit of info for you on the Weakerthans song: there's a lyric that refers to counting loonies--this is in reference to $1 canadian coins, which are called loonies. Just thought I'd pass it on, a neat thing to know if you didn't already. Cheers!