Yesterday I posted out another batch of my CD's. This time they are going to Jen the creator, Shenandoah, Miss May, Erin the Knitterista, and on Monday I'll be popping one in the post for Allison.I'm not sure if it's considered cheating or not, but I've modified my mix slightly, this one is called Transmittance One-b. I've taken some of Kristi's comments about my initial mix into consideration, and have also added numbers on the tracklist itself. The original list was a bit too heavy, so I've replaced a couple of the heavy tracks with ones that are a little more "friendly". I also switched a few tracks from the listed bands to give a better representation of what they normally sound like.
The new tracks are:
Godhopping - Dogs Dies in Hot Cars: These guys are Scottish and generally quite upbeat.
Special Ones - George: This Australian band became quite popular in a very short space of time, but have now parted. I just read this week that she is about to release her first solo album. If you are like me and don't dare ever sing in public, but secretly, when driving around in the car with all the windows tightly shut, you belt out a song or two (or desperately attempt to in my case)... Then boy, is this one for you!
The switched tracks are:
Car Crash - Eskimo Joe: The original mix had Wake Up, but I've switched it with this one as it's far less heavy, and is a much better example of that sexy breaking point in his voice that I mentioned earlier.
Land Locked Blues - Bright Eyes: This one replaced Light Pollution. Light Pollution is quite a peppy track, and it's great! But it's rare for Bright Eyes; usually his songs are a little melancholy shall we say. I thought this one was somewhere in between, and it's a little bit folky (for Jen. But there's no banjo, so don't get excited).
So that's okay isn't it? Not completely different, just refined slightly. Anyway, I hope the CD lives up to the expectations of the innocent listening bystanders I've over-enthusiastically forced it upon. heeee.










1 comment:
oh this looks great! i am so excited.
Post a Comment