flossy-p home

Thursday, August 18, 2005

cd number 4

Summer SmashesYesterday I received my 4th CD from CD Swap 2. Technically it was actually the 4th and 5th CD's as in this batch I was awarded with a "bonus CD"!

It's all a little mysterious though. As I pulled the package out of the letterbox, I squeeled "It's from France!". Two CD's and a little note, but I have absolutely no idea who sent it. There was a street address, but no name. To intrigue me even more, the CD's are filled with Australian music (the bonus one is exclusively Aussie music). I've worked out from my sophisticated powers of deduction that this mystery sender must be an Australian serving in the top secret French Foreign Legion; the "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. Oi, Oi, Oi" war cry gave it away.

The "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. Oi, Oi, Oi war cry?" I hear you ask... Yes, well this is something only Australians, and English Bus Tour Guide's seem to know about. It's mainly used at sporting events. The New Zealanders have the amazing, historical, culturally significant Haka. We Aussies prefer to yell out "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. Oi, Oi, Oi". Please don't ask me why.

"And the English Bus Tour Guide's" I hear you enquire... Mr You and I were in London last year, and unfortunately boarded a bus tour the day after the English rugby team beat Australia in a match. When "Big Bus Alan" discovered we were Australian, with a spark of gloat in his eye, he cried out "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!". Mr You and I, embarrassedly but politely chuckled and muttered "yeah". This was not enough for him, and louder this time (so the whole coach of tourists from other countries were staring at us) he demanded "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Come On. You know it!" And paused, waiting for our reply. Our eyes darted from side to side at all the people looking at us with great anticipation, and sheepishly we retorted a quiet "Oi, Oi, Oi".

The tourists, obviously expecting some Banjo Patterson prose, were disappointed, and a little confused. Big Bus Alan was deeeelighted, "Yeeeees" he sneered, "Oi Oi Oi".

Yes! Okay! We have the war cry thing, and the Crocodile Hunter, and Russell Crow, and we're very very sorry! But luckily we have very good music, and we can swim fast.

So, thank-you kindly to my mysterious French Foreign Legion ex-patriot, for the 2 CD's. I hope you're enjoying that fabulous French lifestyle, and all that comes with it, (but only on the weekends, when you have some reckie time from the Legion, cause you don't want to run out on those guys. Trust me, I saw a documentary).

No comments: