flossy-p home

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

happy happy

Happy New Year! Now the temperature has cooled down considerably and I can form coherent thoughts again, I’m wishing you all a very very happy new year. Of course this is just the beginning, so I wish that this beginning sets you off on a trail through the year that knocks your socks off in ways that can be described as damn good fun!

Do you make resolutions? It usually takes me a while to come up with a good list, and I don’t start making one until the previous year is officially over. However I usually do have a good thorough list by the end of January.

Is a bit scary though isn’t it? Telling people your resolutions is like making a contract, and if you don’t complete the list you end up with a red cross on your resolution credit rating. But then again, maybe it’s a good way of making you strive even harder to achieve those things.

Alrighty then contract holders, red-pens ready, I’ll give it a go:

1. start yoga again (it’s been almost a year since my last class)
2. learn to be less critical of my illustration and crafting attempts
3. fill the space left from all that expelled self criticism with some belief
4. make more stuff (without making myself too busy)
5. save more money
6. throw myself a giant birthday party
7. experiment further with the idea of living a less office bound lifestyle (hehehe – notice how vague that one is?)

I think 7 is one of those lucky numbers, so I’ll stop there for the time being. There’s bound to be more…

No comments: