flossy-p home

Monday, January 16, 2006

my woollybush

NOTE: This post is G Rated - although the following post may sound like some sort of ragdoll porn-fest, it's not. I assure you it's perfectly safe for the kiddies).

Today E is for evergreen, (well technically it was yesterday when we got some new plants for the garden).

Mr You picked out some stylish geometric looking “living sculptures”. While helping him decide, I had a Lion, Witch and Wardrobe experience, taking one step too far backward and ending up engulfed in a clump of small bushes. Had I not been so clumsy I never would have known how soft these wild spiky looking natives actually are. To look at them you expect they’d feel like pokey pine needles, but surprisingly are more like a soft fluffy fur coat. I couldn’t help but brush past them over and over again.

woollybushDelighted, I patted each one of them and picked out a particularly wiley one for my very own. My new ‘Albany Woollybush’ has rounded off a humble garden for the senses:
- a row of Tuscan style conifers for sight
- Lavender for smell
- Rosemary for taste
- and a Woollybush for soft soft touch

I will love it, and care for it, and pat it every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really like the word wollybush it's fun to say outloud!

all your summery pictures makes me wish it was spring or summer over here!