
My Illustration Friday attempt for "dance".
One of my best memories from when we visited Lacey-T, Pat and baby Ikelberry in Adelaide last week was baby Ikelberry dancing.
While I was trying on and then buying this totally awesome shirt, she busted out some cool moves to "Lets go crazy" and "Purple Rain" from Prince's Purple Rain album (which was playing loudly in the store). She was dangling in a 'babybjorn' at the time, but this only aided her fancy footwork. So impressive!(Note: Top half of baby dressed by Prince's wardrobe. Bottom half, model's own).
Before I sign out I feel a little more deserves to be said about this shirt. At first glance it looks like a pretty, feminine blouse, that is until you notice the stratocasters on either shoulder! ROCKIN!










16 comments:
Looks like Ikelberry's going to be the future dancing king! :)
Thanks for sharing your sweet memory.
Where, oh where can I get this shirt? Available in the states? It's my color and I play guitar, I MUST have one. Anyway, this illustration is hilarious! Even before I read the entry about Prince, I thought a dancing baby is always pretty funny. Now it's over the top! Great energy and a pretty baby, too. Now, about that shirt....
Adorable! Wonderful job on the lapel. Brandi
Love your illustration. It's really hard not to bust out the moves to Prince. Love the big eyes and fancy footwork. Very cute!
oh and Love, Love, Love that shirt!! Wish it were mine- sigh.
Love your illustration. It's really hard not to bust out the moves to Prince. Love the big eyes and fancy footwork. Very cute!
oh and Love, Love, Love that shirt!! Wish it were mine- sigh.
This is so fabuolous! I love your dancing baby...the outfit is awesome. I can really visualize him dancing to Prince. And the shirt...oh yeah! It's great. I want one too!
Cute illo! And the shirt...coOol!
man that shirt just plain rocks.
lovely lovely lovely
Thanks everyone. i didn't even think about the 'dancing baby' connection, but now you mention it.
I'm so glad you all love that shirt as much as I do. It's well into Winter here, so not the ideal weather to be wearing it, which is frustrating the bejeezzus out of me. Goinf to see Yeah Yeah Yeahs in a couple of weeks so I'll show it off there.
Jen, I know!
Sorry Amy, I have no idea where in the States you could get one for yourself. I haven't even seen them here in Sydney. It's not a special brand or anything, so you might find it somewhere. If it's any help it's called the 'Joni Mitchell shirt". Came in black too.
Ha, this baby has musical taste ! (Could it be Australia is a bit behind the music scene ;))
I call this post "The rocking baby and the blouse that rocks". Cool vintage cut and the color is great, too!
And the baby would have the perfect squeaky singing voice too! Very fun image and of course, that blouse is way too cool!
Amy (or anyone else really feeling that same pain) the store I bought it from is http://www.irvingbaby.com/
The brand of the shirt is 'kitten'
Beautiful drawing, and that rock-a-billy blouse is right up my alley!!
my first time here... check out your very pretty blog!! Really enjoyed the style and light color of your images (watercolor?) what a great cabin; great photos; enjoyed the way you spliced them together. I did a collage awhile back of the cave that you had... or a replica of the cave; it looks fascinating to be inside! I have a daughter that would give her eye teeth for that rock and roll tshirt!
oh wait.... not my first time here. I remember the great picture of the girl with her head on the ground; there is an image one can't (and doesn't want to forget)!
Post a Comment