
Just got back from a 4 day trip to Adelaide (it must seem like we're always away, but we're not really. this one was planned a while ago). We went to South Australia for the first time to visit our good friends Pat and Lacey-T who moved there last year.
They are the first amonst our friends who have moved away to settle down, who have had a baby, and who bought their own house. They're so brave and grown-up.
We had a lovely time with them looking around the city and surrounds, as they did their darndest to sell the city's highlights and convince us to move there.
I must say after spending only 4 days with baby Ikelberry I'm feeling all baby mooshy. (She has amazing bright red hair and is stopped by so many passing people on the streets you end up feeling like you're in the company of a rockstar; A 9 month old baby-rockstar).
Lacey convinced me that I'd be fine holding Ikelberry after she admitted that she too has beaten her sewing machine on more than one occasion and still manages to be an awesome mum. I'm feeling relieved and much less guilty now.
Just quietly I had a little sob on the plane on the way home - I'm really going to miss them.










No comments:
Post a Comment