flossy-p home

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

crisis over

Well, a-hem (stand's up, wipes face, smoothes hair down and dusts herself off), feeling much better now thank-you (blushing).

Sorry for that outburst and thank-you for your kind comments. I was on the verge of buying a new sewing machine, but from many accounts new machines are prone to exactly the same issues. So the other night after my teensy-weensy fit, I made a yummy dinner, watched a bit of TV and tried again. Do you know it worked?!!! Yes, that little tease of a machine just decided to go back to working all over again, like nothing ever happened. Hussy!

I took advantage, sat up late and finished this "Pink Tree's" bag that I started months ago...
Pink tree bag
(still has a few finishing touches to go, I feel it needs a button)

Then the next day the same scenario happened all over again. I woke up happy and excited about sewing, 4 mins in it lockup up and went loopy once more. This time I remembered all your wise words . I took a deep breath, got out the short scew driver and pulled the whole machine apart. I gave it a good clean out, I blew hard into the nooks I couldn't reach, and even gave it a good shake. I spoke to it with encouraging words and a gentle tone, and VOILA, it worked! (did I pass the test?)

It wasn't brilliant, but it was good enough. Today I'll look into getting it serviced and give that a try before contemplating buying a new one.
Flame Trees bagAnyway, I didn't get started on the bag I'm suppose to make for Ria, and I didn't start Shoofly's bag either, but I did finally get around to finishing the "Flame Tree's" bag I started AGES ago. And I'm really happy with it. It's well made and looks really cute.

So a few tree bags to get the ball rolling, slowly... there's no rush.

I'm the epitome of patience.

Just call me Zen.

Hear That Universe!

(wax on ... wax off)

3 comments:

Regina said...

So glad your machine straightened up! I hate when that happens! With my short temper my machine is lucky to be alive! Your bags are awesome! Very nicely done!

Anonymous said...

i love them both!! so fabulous :)

justjohanna said...

love the pink one!!