
My Illustration Friday attempt for "cake".
There are bound to be many Marie's in blog land this week, and why shouldn't there be? Who could dispute such a woman? (actually the answer to this question is 'Thousands'). But she's a woman of my own heart, a cake-loving woman.
If nothing else, I must say, I'd be pretty pleased with myself if my only legacy was a quote such as "Let them eat cake"!!!










11 comments:
It doesn't matter if she was a popular solution for this week's challenge, your Marie is spectacular! I love that you gave her a cupcake, very tongue in cheek. What a great pose she's in ~ was this drawn on a paper bag?
I absolutely love this! The colours are fantastic and I love the pose and the details of the hair, dress etc. The paper bag texture sets it off perfectly.
so wonderful, in every aspect!
love the little touches! the undergarments of the dress, the pose, and the cupcake. gorgeous!
nicely done, her skirt and pose are perfect!
lovely, can't stop looking at it! is it prismacolor pencils? you should frame this.
This is beautiful, I love her stance and the cheeky way her legs peep through - lovely!
Hi Amy, it's plain brown recycled letter writing paper.
Hi Murphy Girl, I used Derwant pencils. What are prismacolour pencils? They sound good, I'll hunt them down next time I'm shopping for pencils.
Hi everyone else, thank-you kindly.
Lol, fabulous approach, spectacular bow! Now it takes some guts to side with Madame Marie. I am chickening out. I point to her sister in time and headless fate, Olympe de Gouges, author of the Declaration of the Rights of Woman and the Female Citizen. What a career stopper the guillotine once was!
Your Marie A has such a haughty elegance and a wonderful floursih to her bow! I love the treatmwent of her hair, her bodice, and her gown...but the hoop! I think she forgot a few petticoats:> I love the paper you did this on...such a great and humble nackground for the queen who had no clue.
awesome! i love how big her skirt is! fabulous use of colors as well! it looks so rich!
Post a Comment