flossy-p home

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

turning into

Old PortraitThis is a painting I did quickly one afternoon many years ago. I sat in front of a mirror and just painted. I remember having a sudden urge to paint using a pallet of colours I otherwise never would (which is seriously clashing with the colours on this blog). The funny thing is that when I painted this I didn't look anything like this, partly because it's hard to paint yourself and make it look like you, but also at the time I had short blonde hair.

Coincidentally I came across this painting while rummaging through folders under my bed last week.
I hadn't seen it in ages, and funnily I actually look a lot more like this now, at least 5 years later, than I did when I painted it...
(well, I'm still not aqua, and would love to still have skin this taught and glowy, but I now have long dark hair at least).

2 comments:

Christine Lim said...

There is something mysterious about this painting that I cannot describe. Nevertheless, I like it. :)

flossy-p said...

perhaps it's Michael Jacksons creepy nose, hehehehe ;)