flossy-p home

Sunday, September 24, 2006

chalk the walk

We nipped into the city today to check out Chalk the Walk, Pavement Art Festival. I think my expectations were a little high as it wasn't as impressive as I expected (see Julian Beever's work for an example of my rather high expectations), but there were still some great pieces.

I didn't even notice how 3D these aliens were until I was looking at my photo's...
Chalk alien

This was our favourite; gnarly octopus...
Chalk octopus

And then there were these pretty ladies flashing their birthday suits around a gorgeous garden. I really liked this one too, although you probably already knew that after seeing the shadow of my happy little spirit-fingers!
Chalk roses

p.s. I don't normally get about town spirit-fingering things I like... "Hey bus driver, nice ride man! Spirit Fingers for YOU!"
I was actually just stretching up out of my short body to try and get a better photo, but then again I didn't realise my fingers got so happy when taking photo's either until I saw this. Maybe they do this more than I realise.

2 comments:

Jaci Clark said...

Those are so cool! I have seen Julian's work before and about fell out of my chair! WOW! Wish I could see them in real life.
BTW...what are Spirit Fingers?

flossy-p said...

Hi Jaci,

Well...um... to explain Spirit Fingers I'm going to have to confess to watching an *embarrassing movie "Bring It On". A movie about cheerleaders. They hire a fanatical choreographer who makes them do "spirit fingers" (hands out, fingers spread wide, and then wiggle your fingers fast while keeping them straight - look to my silly shadow for example). There you go, you're doin' it, you're doin' it! Spirit Fingers!

* (in my defense, if you're into Buffy you get to see Faith as a cheerleader in this movie!)