If my cloud was tethered I think I'd want to fly away too. maybe she'll sprout a beanstalk and climb up even higher into the clouds. hey we're almost neighbours on IF this week. By the way, love your whalesong image !
This looks like something that comes from a fairy tale...she is s prisoner in so many ways! I hope she gets her wongs soon! Beautiful work - concept and rendering:>
reminds me of a young girl with no arms and begging in the streets in the phils. i thought, maybe she has thought about having wings and just float in the sky....
I keep coming back and looking at this picture. I wasn't feeling well enough to write until today. I am not sure if this is going to sound conceited or not, I hope not, because I don't mean it that way, but she makes me think of myself. Waiting for something to happen so I can finally fly. This illo really touched me.
What struck me was the person's face, that mix of meloncholy and patience, maybe even reflection. Perhaps she knows what is about to happen and is readying herself for the change.
At the tender age of 9, a wild scottish woman (a friend of my parents'), convinced me, without a hint of a doubt that my name was Alice Flossy Pumpernickel.
more...
15 comments:
Wonderful and magical illo! Love it!
If my cloud was tethered I think I'd want to fly away too. maybe she'll sprout a beanstalk and climb up even higher into the clouds. hey we're almost neighbours on IF this week.
By the way, love your whalesong image !
She looks so sad...and lovely.
it´s beautiful and sad...
heheh, interesting idea! great drawing as well.
This looks like something that comes from a fairy tale...she is s prisoner in so many ways! I hope she gets her wongs soon! Beautiful work - concept and rendering:>
Great concept
how sad! I hope her wings sprout before she gets too depressed on that cloud!
Awww, it's just beautiful! And of course, quite melancholy.
Great work, love the concept.
reminds me of a young girl with no arms and begging in the streets in the phils. i thought, maybe she has thought about having wings and just float in the sky....
YOu have such cool and great ideas flossy p....love this one!
I keep coming back and looking at this picture. I wasn't feeling well enough to write until today. I am not sure if this is going to sound conceited or not, I hope not, because I don't mean it that way, but she makes me think of myself. Waiting for something to happen so I can finally fly.
This illo really touched me.
Thank-you Rayne, that's one of the best compliments anyone could give. I can't wait for your wings to sprout, I think about it every day.
What struck me was the person's face, that mix of meloncholy and patience, maybe even reflection. Perhaps she knows what is about to happen and is readying herself for the change.
Thanks for stopping by my place.
Post a Comment