I accosted a poor girl who was wearing the most amazing felted necklace/scarf kind of thing. Seriously we were on an escalator, she had no where to go! She made it herself, and turns out it was JD the "felt girl" from Craftster. She was nice. She has a similar (but not quite the same) felted necklace thingo in her Etsy store, it's well worth a look!
Anyway, I came home with beads, and fabrics, and notebooks and stuff, inspired and excited! So I got stuck in and made 2 necklaces (both now available in my Etsy store). I love them both so much!I’ve also finally loaded up some hairbands and 3 little paintings. I did them a few weeks ago, they are of ladies wearing period French costume. Not the grandiose Marie Antoinette kind, these are provincial costumes: more conservative, but no less quirky.
They come from a dusty, but lovely old book I have…

So you can check out my renditions in my store:
www.flossyparticles.etsy.com










5 comments:
I love your shop! Sheesh can you give a girl money woes...I'm already pining after your Buzz watercolor (I live in New Hampshire, USA and will be attending Lovely Hearts).
Flossy, the shop is looking divine!!
The new little painting of the ladies are so charming, love those hats!
Now I just need to sell something from my shop so I can buy something from YOUR shop!!
I love your blog!!!! cant believe I havent seen it before! Thanks Beth for leading me here! Flossy is the name that my sister Melly and I use to label anyone we adore. She is Mrs floss and her children are little floss and baby floss. We even call our softies flossies. Anyway, your work is beautifuly spectacular and I will be purchasing soon.
Thanks you guys :D
Nice to meet you Rosalie. I love your tale about calling people flossy!
Flossy!!! That necklace is gorgeous!! So beautifully put together. I'm so impressed. I need more money! UGH!!
Post a Comment