Happy New Year! Did you have a good time?
I'm having such trouble getting back into the swing of things after having a nice break. Trouble blogging again, and getting back to work. Is anyone else having that same problem? You just get into relax and fun mode and can't remember how to get out of it.
We had so much fun over Christmas because we had visitors!!! Family and our first set of friend visitors. Plus we're having a fresh set of friends visit us each weekend from now until the end of the month!!! I'm just too excited to work. Or even concentrate for that matter.
Has anyone been game enough to make resolutions yet?
I came up with a couple... I won't call them resolutions, because that's too contractual, let's call them "wish list version 2008.1"-
One: stop getting fatter
Two: start yoga (funnily enough this is on my list every year, and every year I start, but fail to see it through to the end of the year)
Three: put much more effort into my illustrations, push myself a bit further with this.
The first half of last year was really busy and fun for me, but I don't know what happened to the 2nd half. Everything creative seemed to fall away for me. And the whole 2nd half of last year vanished in a big smudge. Life came up and took over... All the stuff with Tilli's health, all the crap with our last house, and then having to move, and then re-settle... It all took up so much of me and creative ventures became a struggle - which is not what I want. Anyway, I'm taking this "new year" as an opportunity to take it back, get back on track and get stuff happening again.
Now, if I could just snap out of holiday mode... hehehe
Bare with me, this could take a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
You are not alone! I feel like the holidays turned my life upside down and I'm twirling round and round trying to figure out which way is up. I think I'm finally gaining on it though!
'08 will be an awesome year for you... I can just tell. I'm sure now that you are getting settled in your new house, and beautiful new town... the inspiration and creativity will start pouring out like never before! Can't wait to watch it unfold.
Oh, yoga. I really need to add that one too. :)
oh flossy, yoga is always on my list too... it comes and goes.
you should give loads of time for your illustrations. truly. the comments on the last one you just did for maari were outstanding. she wanted me to pass that along. it was MORE than perfect and everyone loved it.
another one of yours is off to nyc tomorrow... if the snow doesn't fly to hard here, so keep going don't slow, your work is so beautiful to so many!
Post a Comment