flossy-p home

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

a misty mountain affair

E and B's feet
The catalyst for us going on our trip initially was to go to our friend's wedding.

A whole weekend in the cool mist of the Blue Mountains, where we all stayed together in an old guesthouse, perusing the antique shops, and drinking tea (and a little champagne). We spent time with a bunch of friends preparing the house for the wedding, arranging the flowers, creating bouquets, and generally getting excited.

The day of the wedding was rainy, but inside was abuzz with activity. The rain stopped in time for the garden ceremony, and started again on cue at the end, giving everyone just enough time to rush inside undercover to start the party.

I took the photo's. I was a little rusty after not having done a wedding shoot for a few years now, and the lack of light was a little tricky, but there was lots to work with around the guest house, and I think/hope they'll be happy with them.

The couple looked fantastic. She wore a soft green gown and antique silver shoes, her hair filled with fresh white flowers. He wore a grey suit with a pinstriped peach and white shirt, swallow cufflinks, and black and white shoes. Both had their outfits made for them, including their shoes!

That was our first weekend in Sydney. It started with a bang. After that Mr You returned home and I stayed.
So there's more for me to tell...

11 comments:

Allison said...

i adore this photo!! (and their shoes rock my world!) so being photographer went well then? i am so glad! you have me on the edge of my seat - i want more and more and more . . .

i'm so glad you are back.

laura said...

Beautiful photo! I missed your writings, and am excited for the rest of your trip to be revealed. :)

CurlyPops said...

What a gorgeous photo...please show us more!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That is a sensational photo. So evocative. What great outfits they chose.

Can't wait to hear more of your news.

Jenny said...

This one photo is just so wonderful and has certainly given me a taste to see some more-well done to you-a big responsibility but it looks like they got just the right person for the job.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

love this photo! I would buy it as a print- it woulld make a great wedding present card.

Susan Schwake said...

super pretty photo. lovely shoes. simply lovely.

Cindy said...

I am with Miss Curly Pops - we need to see more as it sounds so beutiful

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Such a beautiful shot! I'm sure your friends were over the moon with your photographic results!

Anastasia said...

gorgeous!! sounds like a wonderful wedding!!

paintandink said...

Those shoes are awesome! Both pairs!