flossy-p home

Monday, November 16, 2009

through the door

I've been wanting to join in Pip's "My Place and Yours" for a little while now, but this week I actually have something good to contribute... Stuff I've been wanting to show off ;)
This weeks theme (by Shelley from Femme De Montmartre) is "Through the Front Door".


Outside our front door we are now greeted by turtles. We didn't buy each other wedding gifts, instead we bought ourselves these adorable hand carved turtles on our honeymoon. See? Two turtles, swimming together, hanging onto each other... get it? Romantic eh? hehehehe.
Anyway, they give our house a new tropical beachy look, it's prefect to lead us into Summer.

Turtles


And just inside the front door... the super cool retro buffet we got at a garage sale on the weekend! For $10! It's in excellent condition, and if we do end up updating the handle, and painting the inside a bright colour (as we had planned) its going to help Mr You's smaller instruments stand out very well, and look even more cool. (Although it's in such good condition I'm not sure I want to tamper with it... but a deep red inside would look pretty impressive).

retro buffet


Of course when a new piece of furniture comes into the house, it sparks rearranging, impromptu cupboard clean-outs, etc.
An unexpected mini Spring clean!

17 comments:

Kate Moore said...

I like the turtles.
As for the cabinet: instead of painting, why not get some wallpaper offcuts and bluetac them in so that if it's not as you'd hoped, there's no damage done.

Hila said...

I like the turtles too, quite cute :) Thank you so much for your sweet note of congratulations!

CurlyPops said...

The turtles are just gorgeous - and I love the wallpaper suggestion for the cabinet.

victoria said...

The cabinet is classic and wonderful. Okay, I am really hoping I'll get to see some wedding pics as I scroll down!!

Jenny said...

Ahhh! I love those turtles-what an apt present to buy. Ans what a bargain that cabinet was-very cool!

Geek+Nerd said...

The buffet is awesome! What a score!

Renee said...

Holy crow did you score.

Fantastic.

I love the turtles, beautiful Flossy-P.

Love Renee xoxo

Katrina Jackson said...

I love the turtles and that buffet! So beautiful!

Sam said...

Fabulous finds!! Red inside I think would look wonderful!

ExcUsE mY frEnch said...

oh what a bargain for such an awesome buffet !! i love it's scandinavian look. Great instruments too !

Cathie said...

very impressive indeed, nice looking through your front door...and a beautiful red would look ohh so lovely ♥

Jackie said...

Love the cabinet, something my Mum would have had when I was growing up.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I agree with the painting of the inside of the cabinet!
and the turtles are very beachy. perfect for your place.

Anna Lloyd said...

I love turtles, more than I do frogs I think. I like the sentiment here too. Painting inside the cabinet will improve it I think. I'm all for red. I love that colour.

Anastasia said...

ohhh lovely!! very inviting....great cabinet, what a cool find!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

That cabinet is AWESOME! I love the instruments too. Super duper cool.

Shelley Trbuhovich said...

your turtles and beautiful cabinet with little ukeleles made me want to run to hawaii pronto! what a beautiful, warm home you are creating. love it.