QUESTION: You are a boss. The employee of yours who has worked for you (closely by your side) for almost twice as long as anyone else in your company, tells you she is very stressed and is having a really hard day, (while she is working her butt off, and also taking on some of your work to ease your load).
Do you reply?...
A) By welling up with tears, giving her a hug, a gold watch and rewarding her an early and overly generous retirement package?
B) Give her an understanding smile to show your appreciation, and offering a supportive “I know exactly how you feel. I’m sure it will all work out fine”?
OR
C) Tut, roll your eyes, and say loudly to the whole office “Don’t listen to her. You think your day is bad, you should try having mine then”. (Causing the long serving devoted employee to think “I’m not getting paid enough for this”)?
While initially setting up my blog, I decided to start off by keeping it secret and anonymous, just in case one day I needed to vent. I never really intended it, but deep down I knew this day would come: the day I needed to have a good hard bitch!
Reasons why today sucked really badly:
1) The answer to the above question was C. (Despite my boss normally being a good guy, unfortunately today he wasn't)
2) I live in the city so I don’t have to wake up at “sparrow fart” to get to work on time, but today I spent over an hour, all up, just waiting in the cold wind for a train to actually come (both to and from work)!
3) I didn’t have time to go outside to get lunch, and had to eat leftovers
4) Tried to offer friends at work free movie passes to a preview screening, no-one wanted them. At all! What’s up with that?
5) Big man on the train home in seat in front of me insisted on resting his arm along the back of the chair letting off the strongest, wettest smelling B.O. I have ever encountered
6) Big man sitting next to me on the same train with the loud rattly uncovered cough trying to read what I was writing
7) Letter box exploded brochures, bills and flyers all over the footpath as I was trying to collect my mail.
Reasons why tomorrow is going to be 1000 times better than today:
1) Mr You gets home after being away for almost a week
2) Train will still be late, but not as late as today
3) My boss is going to come to his senses and appreciate all my hard work and offer me that retirement package, allowing me to spend all my time blogging, doodling and sewing
4) Under all of the bills and brochures in my letterbox today, was a CD from Jen, which I will no doubt love and listen to all day tomorrow
5) And tomorrow is one day closer to my holiday which starts this very weekend! Hallay-Freekin-LOO-ya!!!
Should you drink orange juice if it feels fizzy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
wow good vent.... ya i know how you feel... hopefully today is treating you a million times better to make up for it
oh man, i certainly hope my cd at least cheered you up a little, i know how those days go. i hope you like it, and i hope things get better. (keeping my fingers crossed for you!)
Only if it is Orangina...
I hope your day gets better... Be sure to toot your own horn. That's sweet music. And holiday is coming... lovely illustration.
Post a Comment