flossy-p home

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

top shelf wisdom

wisdom
My Illustration Friday entry for 'wisdom'.

Do you ever have those days when you’re out of the house, on the train, up the lifts, at work and half way through the day before you realise that you forgot to apply any deodorant that morning? Then you spend the rest of the day making sure your movements are slow and as waft-less as possible.

And do you ever have those days when you’re out of the house, on the train, up the lifts, at work and half way through the day before you realise that you forgot to apply any wisdom that morning? You know you have an acceptable amount of wisdom normally, but that day it escapes you completely. Then you spend the rest of the day regretting something you’ve said or done, making sure your movements for the rest of the afternoon attract as little attention as possible.

Everyone has a little wisdom of their own kind, and hopefully it accumulates with age, but often it takes concentration and focus to apply. Other traits are much easier to access, and are worn with ease. Wisdom tends to be one of those ones you’re always reaching for. And unlike a French perfume, less is not more when it comes to wisdom.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful illo! I've had both of those kind of days--no deoderant, no wisdom. I could use some of your closet organizing expertise!

Anonymous said...

this is my favorite illustration for this week's theme! i love it. its darling. and very wise! in addition to the wisdom jar, i think i could use a bit of spontaneity from the hatbox. . .

J said...

great wardrobe! i'd like to find myself a balance scarf.

Бистра said...

Wow! That's the best illo so far!
I love it, it is great, and I mean it!

Anonymous said...

I love this illio!! where can i get one of those confidence sweaters? LOL

bee'nme said...

Absolutely perfect - great concept, beautifully rendered, expertly and sensitively told in words. You hit it out of the park!

Aravis said...

There's a lot of wisdom in your words. ;0)

Your illustration is great too! Wonderful idea.

JacqueLynn said...

What a wonderful illo!

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful! i love the way you've used this theme.

isay said...

so neat and pretty illustration and really nice thoughts.

Anonymous said...

excellent, imaginative, great illustration.

flossy-p said...

wow, thank-you everyone. I don't think I've ever felt so warm & fuzzy before. gulp...