flossy-p home

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

glamour

Glamour
My Illustration Friday attempt for "glamour".

Glamour to me seems forever unattainable. As soon as I think I've got the gist of what it entails, something changes, there's something else on the market, and I'm always left behind. Giant eyelashes that reach the sky, perfect flawless skin, shiny full pouty lips, and clothes I can't afford.
Those I-refuse-to-admit-I'm-over-40-pop-star-glamour-pusses can have their botox and silicone implants.

Aging with style, grace and dignity rates far more highly in my eyes. (For now anyway, give me a couple of months I may change my mind... I do turn 30 this year you know!).

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah ah ah :)
Great idea !! :)

Jim said...

Very Cool! I love the clothes pins for the face lift!!

Ellen said...

Funny stuff! GREAT linework!!

garth bruner said...

Hey, nobody said glamour was beautiful, just painful. Great illo!

Jessica Wong said...

Brilliant idea, Beautiful illustration!

carla said...

Perfect combination of truth and humor! You nailed it in every way possible:>

Amy Zaleski said...

Very nicely done...the clothes pins are a nice touch. Is it me or are all these plastic surgery victims slowly beginning to look like aliens? Great satire!

Jaimie said...

haha. funny and so true!
if you want to have a look at what some of the celebs have done to their faces and bodies (with some very funny snarky commentary) go to http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/

isay said...

this is really a very good idea. i have always liked your colors choices in your illustration and i have not told you but i like your banner.

Anonymous said...

Hahhahaaaa, VERY funny and very well illustrated! Excellent submission :)

J said...

pegs! ha! great commentary. you have such talent... and you work well in so many different styles!

Dana S. Whitney said...

THIS glamour is pretty unattractive! BTW, don't worry any more than you absolutely HAVE to about turning 30. It is just one more day on your journey. You may discover thwarted expectations on that day... but anything you discover is, um, a discovery. Best wishes when it comes.

CRISTOSOVA said...

Ouch! Good reminder that aging glamour has a price to pay.
Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, I love it !