flossy-p home

Sunday, February 12, 2006

rollercoaster of a post

Cork BoardLOOK! I came home on Thursday night to find a gift from Mr You; a cork board above my desk. I've wanted one for ages, how lucky am I? (and not just for getting a cork board).

It was a wonderful surprise and really helped to cheer me up. I'm really down at the moment, contemplating what to do about my job. I've asked all my friends this week about what I should do. Should I talk to my boss and explain why I'm so unhappy and stick it out, hoping it'll improve, or should I just leave all together? I THINK I've come to the decision to leave. The dilemma now is should I be sensible and wait until I have another job lined up before I quit, or should I just quit and then try to find work? It's all so hard, and hard to make decisions when I'm feeling so upset and emotional about it all. So hard to feel positive about being able to find another job when I'm feeling so down and burnt by the whole damn thing.

The nice thing is that we've been surrounded by friends this weekend. We were given an old BBQ and a gas bottle on Friday and have been outdoor entertaining ever since. Everyone loves a back-yard barby.

Unfortunately the weekend is over and tomorrow I have to go back to work.

1 comment:

Allison said...

“Come to the edge,” he said.
They said, “We are afraid.”
“Come to the edge,” he said.
They came. He pushed them…& they flew. — Guillaume Apollinaire

You gain strength, courage & confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. — Anna Eleanor Roosevelt


You only live once - but if you work it right, once is enough. - Joe Lewis

Just a few quotes that have helped me in recent days. We all deserve to live out our dreams, and I am sure you will find yours. All of these in-between ventures make the real thing that much better when we find it! Best wishes. Feel better. Dream big. All of the right answers to the hard questions are out there to be discovered.