flossy-p home

Thursday, February 05, 2009

eight is more than enough

A little while ago the lovely Brenda tagged me with the "eight is enough" meme. I'm supposed to list eight answers in each category, but quite frankly, and perhaps a little pathetically, there just isn't that much going on in my life. In my opinion "eight is way too much". So I'm going to do the unthinkable and bend the memeular rules a little.

GASP!

I know! Stand back people, this could get messy. ;)

*pow*smack*kadzook*kapow*scuffle*crunch*slap*swoosh*bang*

Phew, there, cut to size. Behold...

The Three is Plenty meme!

Eight Three TV shows/movies I watch regularly:
1. Dexter (starts again this week!)
2. So You Think You Can Dance (seriously addicted)
3. The Mighty Boosh (always cheers me up)

Eight Three things that happened yesterday:
1. I finished reading the final ever Harry Potter book, finally! Now I can stop blocking my ears and "laa-laa-laaring" when it comes up in conversation.
2. I decided I would enter every single online competition I could find to try and win a holiday so that Mr You and I can have a nice honeymoon somewhere later in the year. But then I got lazy and didn't enter any.
3. We went and got thai takeaway for dinner and ate it at a picnic table overlooking the beach at dusk.

Eight Three favourite places to eat:
Favourite Places To Eat
1. Beachstone Cafe (best coffee around these parts)
2. Emma's On Liberty (quaint little Lebanese place in Sydney)
3. The Lodge (in Bellingen, for good food, scenery and ambiance)

Eight Three things on my wish list:
Wish List for Meme
1. I wish this so-called anti-wrinkle cream I'm slathering myself in twice a day would hurry up and work already! (huh, fool)
2. I wish shoes as gorgeous as these came in my garden-gnome-foot-size
3. I wish/hope more great bands come to play up this way soon

Eight Three things I'm looking forward to:
1. Getting a new camera... once I've found a moment of sanity long enough to decide on one
2. Going to our friends wedding in April; a whole weekend where we all stay at a lovely old guesthouse together
3. Seeing my dad and his family for the first time in five years (also in April). They have been living in Northern Ireland, but are coming back for a holiday.

Eight Three people I tag:
1. Equipoise
2. CurlyPops
3. Anna
...eight things or three things, I don't mind... depends on how exciting your lives are :)

Thank-you Brenda! I hope you didn't mind me blatantly bending the rules :)

11 comments:

Renee said...

Flossy you are too funny.

Every Wednesday I take a picture out of my picture file of a woman and I write a little story about her. That is what the picture was about.

I love my man and he loves me still.

Love Renee

Renee said...

When you hear me describe a woman and a man sitting on the couch holding hands and dozing off, well that would be us.

More in love than ever.

That is why I am so happy for you and Mr. you because love is a wonderful thing.

Love Renee

Chrisy said...

...just stumbled in here...and...you are soooo funny!...thanks for sharin....

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Heehee, garden gnome size foot. Yikes, well I have a huuuuge foot. Where are all the big-footed babes?!

Eight things - jeepers, that is waaaay too many for anyone to handle, isn't it? I love your three things. I've never heard of Emma's on Liberty. Perhaps Matt and I need to go there for a date?!

Unknown said...

Dexter is brilliant! I couldn't wait for Season 2 to come on TV so we bought the DVD :) It's so good...

Geek+Nerd said...

I love that you love "So You Think You Can Dance." That makes me smile!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I am glad our B.D is at The Lodge! thought I was being biased by the lovely and talented chef there for suggesting it...but if its in your top three! Well!

Anna Lloyd said...

Hey, we had Thai takeaway too! Ours was not so romantic as going to the beach. We were at home and comforting a screaming baby.

Emma's on liberty sounds great! Will have to take my sister there.

Thanks for tagging me. :)

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Emmas on Liberty is brilliant- but make sure you book!!!

Erin said...

omg- so you think you can dance. my sister and i are absolutely obsessed. then we dance it out. i wish i could do me some hip hop!

Allison said...

whenever i get tagged for one of these, i groan a little because i hate thinking up answers. but i love when other people answer them - it's fun to discover new little bits about people!

p.s. i don't have a tv. but if i did, i would also be seriously addicted to so you think you can dance.