One of the great things about having a blog is the power to publicly "out" people. When I say "out" them, I don't mean dragging people kicking and screaming out of the closet. No No, I just mean general things, like the time I snuck a photo of the man who was cutting his fingernails on the train (letting them ping all around the place, people ducking for cover), and then posted the photo here, to secretly embarrass him for his disgusting habit. Gross!
It's a great threat too. If Mr You should tease me about something, I have the brilliant comeback of threatening "I'm going to put that on my blog and then the whole world will know". :D That works well :) hehehehe
But today, I am so so sick of the nasty man across the road, it's now his turn.
Horrible Nasty Man, This is Your Life!
(See the use of bold there? That's to embarrass him even more. Oh watch out, I have weapons people... a blog and the ability to embolden. Duck and cover).
Here begins my cranky rant...
So Nasty Man (who I like to call Dickwad), is probably in his mid thirties. God knows how, but Nasty Man has a wife, a daughter who is about 8, and a baby who is less than 12 months.
Often I have to put up with a whole day of him revving his car as he attempts to "fix it" himself. And clearly he's no mechanic. This is annoying, but, you know, fair enough I guess. Maybe he can't afford to take it in to be fixed. But it's his nastiness that gets my blood boiling.
His daughter seems to want to bond with him badly. When he rides off on his bike she follows on hers. When he mows the lawn, she follows with the rake, when he washes the car, she's right at his side.
Only 2 days ago when they were washing the car together this is what I hear him YELL at her;
"Are you deaf, blind or stupid? It must be one, which is it? It says SOAP right there. See it?! So which one is it? Just STUPID?"
Call me crazy, but a simple "There it is" would have sufficed in that instance.
This type of thing happens often. Now, I'm not at all nosey, I'm not hiding in the bushes to get this info, all of this is yelled loud enough for me to hear inside my house, while I'm playing music.
My newest pastime is coming up with comebacks, and trying to telepathically beam them into her little head to yell back at him. "I'd be much prouder being deaf, blind AND stupid, as opposed to nasty, aggressive and abusive!"
Then just now, this is what I heard him yell very loudly at his wife;
"You're a fucking slag and that's all there is to it. Do you know what a slag is?"
He likes the questions, you see. It makes him feel intelligent I think.
Oh Joy! There he goes again, more yelling. More swearing, more questions... He's so nasty.
Now, I know he's probably like this because that's how he was treated as a kid. But I really have a hard time with people that don't even attempt to break the pattern. I've tried being understanding, but I'm just so sick of all his nasty vibes.
And in oh, about 20 mins, he will speed off his him dumb car, and his wife will blast her Evenescence CD unbelievably loudly across the nighbourhood for the rest of the day in an attempt to hide and heal.
I hate Evanescence, and it's all his fault.
Nasty man, you should be ashamed of yourself. You need help. Go get some, and leave the rest of us in peace. Dickwad!
(And this, ladies and gents is why I could never be a social worker. Praise you angels. I don't know how you stop yourselves from wanting to slap people.)
...end rant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










20 comments:
Oh, I had a go at being on the periphery of social work - not an actual social worker, but enough that it did my head in. Have you ever said a cheery hello to the wife and/or daughter. Or tried to get friends over and yell at each other so he gets the hint that YOU CAN HEAR HIM. What about an anonymous postal drop that says, "Dickwad, we can hear you beating up you wife".
Wow, that is such a sas story, it kills me when parents talk to their childrne that way. He obviously has no shame if he is abusing his kid and wife within ear shot of the neighbours. He truely is a giant dickwad, and he needs someone to tell him!
It's people like that who made me so frustrated when I was trying to conceive Zoe. All I could think when I came across awful parents like him was, "Why him and not me? I would love that child!" I'm sorry you have to put up with such a nasty man all the time.
He sounds hideous, abusive. Poor you, and how sad for his wife and child. I'm with Katie - I'd put an anonymous note in his mailbox.
AND I REALLY can't stand people revving their cars. It's one of my pet hates. ERGH!
That, my dear flossy, was a brilliant rant. Not sure I could do much better than that. I rant all the time to my husband about people exactly like this that I have to actually take care of! These kind of people, who decide to have children just kill me. I was walking down the hallway at the hospital and one of the patients smacked her 4 year old child right in front of me. I had to stop dead in my tracks and tell her how completely unnecessary that was. Really, it's quite unbelievable! I'm sorry you have to deal with that disgustingness.
being a social worker..ahem... as I am .. i would go a lot further than putting an anonymous letter in his mailbox- infact I think this may make it worse... I would call the police and make a notification to DOCs which can be done anon... and it really is anon- he won't know where it comes from- could be the school or anything...seriously, not wanting to sounds too social worky, but I am so I can't help it basically at work am a mandatory reporter so I don't have a choice...children contiue to be abused and women continue to be victims of domestic violence when people hear this and don't do anything. I know its hard becasue you don't want to get involved but seriously think of this poor child... i have had similar chats with friends in similar situations but in order for DOCS to act they need to build evidence- so your phonecall about this guy may be the last bit of dirt they need to go and get this guy away from this family. Email me at work Floss. xxx
being a social worker..ahem... as I am .. i would go a lot further than putting an anonymous letter in his mailbox- infact I think this may make it worse... I would call the police and make a notification to DOCs which can be done anon... and it really is anon- he won't know where it comes from- could be the school or anything...seriously, not wanting to sounds too social worky, but I am so I can't help it basically at work am a mandatory reporter so I don't have a choice...children contiue to be abused and women continue to be victims of domestic violence when people hear this and don't do anything. I know its hard becasue you don't want to get involved but seriously think of this poor child... i have had similar chats with friends in similar situations but in order for DOCS to act they need to build evidence- so your phonecall about this guy may be the last bit of dirt they need to go and get this guy away from this family. Email me at work Floss. xxx
Oh, he sounds awful. It makes me feel very happy that I have a nice husband who treats my son with respect. And I feel for the little girl and her Mum.
Oh how awful. For you yes, and especially his wife and daughter. I will never understand people like this who think this is acceptable behaviour.
And the child seems to worship him regardless. Incredible.
So sorry you have to deal with this daily...I don't know what I'd do or how I'd cope...it's bad enough when I'm out shopping and somebody yells at/denegrates their child...have learned to keep my mouth shut after a few f... offs...
What a toxic neighbour and a nasty, abusive bully. Think of the damage is doing to those poor kiddies. I'm with Cath - an anonymous phone call or two sounds just the ticket.
Oh how awful. yes, definitely a GIANT dickwad. Rant away anytime!
Ooh, yes, I agree with Cath. We used to have neighbors upstairs that would get into scream out brawls. One day I was home alone and I heard "SHUT THE F$%K UP!" then a huge crash, then silence. It scared the hell out of me. I knew I wasn't going to knock on that door, because I didn't know what was behind it. Eventually I called the police. I thought, I would rather call them and be wrong, then not call and be right.
The policeman came to my door and told me that the guy upstairs was actually in the police academy and that they were just "horsing around." Yeah right. Less than three weeks later I pulled into our driveway to see the man in the back of a cop car, and people helping the girl put all of her stuff into a moving van, practically in the middle of the night.
Long story short - make a phone call!
P.S. That last comment was from me, I was totally logged in to Mr. G+N's account hahaha.
I'd call the police next time. You never know when it could escalate, and the simple fact that the situation makes you uncomfortable and angry, is more than enough reason to get the authorities involved. poor little girl.
you know, i normally have no problem accepting all kinds of behavior - things i would never do myself - by reminding myself that people are doing the best they can given their view of the world. but this would be a hard one for me. i'm sending telepathic hugs to that kid, her nasty dad, and you.
oh shit...what a freaking loser! the poor wife, the poor little girl who will grow upto think this is the norm...
it must be awful being so close but not being able to do anything...Ughh!! i get mad..i get sad, wish it could be better for all suffering woman and children!
Total fucking prick.
I hate people like that, and I guess who doesn't.
Nadalene always says about people like that who have children is 'you may want kids, but would they want you.'
I think it is a fair question. The woman is bad enough but when you said about the little girl, I almost started crying.
Fucking dickwad.
Love Renee
What an asshole.
But I do like the way you've worded it - I had a little giggle ;)
Just dittoing the rest. Asswipe. Did you call?
Post a Comment