"Eye Spy a small object" (This week's theme by The Crafty Librarian)
Looking for small objects in my house I realised most of them are souvenirs from varied travels. On grand adventures souvenirs are a must, but with overloaded backpacks it's essential to make them small and light.

The first "small object" souvenir here is a wood carved henna stamp. It is apparently to be used for creating henna mehndi, but I suspect in India that's all skillfully hand painted. This was given to us my Mr You's friends after they returned from a holiday to India. We've never used it as a stamp, it's far too beautiful, and instead we admire it as an ornament.

The next is a crystal droplet from a chandelier in Venice. This was brought back for me by one of my dear friends when she travelled to Italy. There's a little hook that comes out the top, and you can easily imagine it hanging, as one of a thousand, from an ornate ceiling of a theatre.

This last one is my own souvenir collected from Paris. The first time I visited Paris I was traveling on my own. I quickly fell under the spell Paris casts over newcomers, and I practically skipped around town the entire time I was there. Humming French tunes to myself, positively swooning with adoration for that city. I couldn't free my mind of music the whole time I was there. My souvenir, befittingly, was a tiny wind up music box thingo, that plays Edith Piaf's 'La Vie en Rose'. I adore it. It's still one of my favourite small objects.









10 comments:
You reminded me of the time I was in Paris alone- skipping the streets with tears in my eyes- asking myself-"Am I REALLY here?" ...so young and carefree...ahhh.....
What a lovely little collection of objects. Aah, Paris! I wish I was skipping around there today.
I love music boxes....One from Paris must bring back so many memories!
That music box is really gorgeous! I am glad we could check it out.
Such a pretty collection all with such great memories attached.
I've been thinking of you - and your small gratitude gardening cards (the ones I was lucky enough to win). Do you stock them in nurseries? We have a WONDERFUL nursery down the road from our house that stocks a beautiful, beautiful range of gifts, cards etc. It's so nice I often go down there just to hang out (hey, look at me with no friends!!). Or maybe you do this already?
What beautiful objects. Isn't it lovely how something so small can bring back such amazing memories in an instant.
that crystal droplet is amazing
A lovely collection of small objects...I am partial to the music box, I love that song.
Edith Piaf isn't she fantastic.
I didn't know what the heck that was.
Love Renee
What lovely things! Paris is my dream city to visit...maybe someday!
Post a Comment