You will be glad to hear (maybe not as much as us) that we have made some decisions...
On a hopefully sunny Saturday, this coming October, Mr You and I plan to be wed in the garden at his parents house. A garden wedding! We plan to hire a marquee just in case the weather isn't co-operative. Weeeeeeee!
Initial thoughts of this making the wedding a little more affordable went out the window when we started adding up the costs of the extra things we will need to hire; chairs, plates, glasses, etc. However, we've had to have some serious conversations about trying to keep things cheap V's having things that mean something to us. I'm the one with the spreadsheet of costs, so having Mr You come in with his calming voice of sentiment makes a fine balance indeed.
Obviously we have A LOT more planning to do, but this to me is a sound start. One that makes us both very happy.
We've also had advice from a friend who said she regretted seeing her family do so much of the work at and after her wedding. So we are making plans to avoid that if we can.
It feels so great to have such a major decision made. Next we start booking everything, and that will feel even better... and a step closer to planning the "pretty parts".
Inspiration Pics:

17 comments:
Soo exciting...will be lovely to follow along...
Oh how very exciting for you both! My fiancee and I are planning our wedding for Bali in August this year. I feel for you with all the extra organising you have to do. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN :)
Sounds like it will be wonderous. Also what a good time of year for an outdoor wedding. The inspiration photos are so nice and happy, and there's something so magical and aussie about a garden wedding I reckon!!
Yay, how exciting! I had my wedding in my parents garden and it was fabulous - you're now one decision down :D
Oh! How exciting. It's so much fun to finally get the ball rolling isn't it?
Hip hip hooray. A decision made, sounds like a good one. And a wedding at a family place can be that much more relaxed. Sounds good. Sorry I didn't get back to you asap. Thanks for emailing. I got a wee bit sidetracked by other things this week - and as it happens had some trees closer to my part of the coast in mind. A little too far for you and your mob, I'd say.
Oh, I just love the first and last inspiration pictures! Beautiful!
garden weddings are so beautiful. love these pics- that last one looks so cool! Just went to a friend's wedding last weekend which was something like this with lovely lanterns hanging over all the outdoor tables. Have fun!!
A garden wedding sounds perfect! We still haven't got hitched my man and I - but whenever we talk abt it we alsways think garden or beach...
Love your weddingy wednesdays :)
I am salivating over the last picture. sooooooooo pretty!!!
it's a incredible place for wedding!
congrats from mexico for your nice place!
Ohhhh... a wedding.... I love a good wedding. And what a lovely spot for one!
Haven't stopped by for a while, so I had to come and see what Alice Flossy P. was up to!
Congrats and happy planning!
Last year while visiting Fremantle arts centre I watched them setting up a wedding reception under the trees. They strung up a whole lot of lights with old tasselled lamp shades in various colours. They looked so pretty and I wish I had seen them lit up!
I bought some of your cards today at the AG NSW. :)
Yes! The cards look great with a section all of their own. And they are nice and clean - not grubby at all and the paper strips to bind look very nice.
I got the cards "Safe as houses", "See the beauty that surrounds you" and "Invite Colour into your life" (the girl looks earily like my friend Jasmin in Perth). I'm thinking of getting the long Ikea "ribba" frame with the matt cut for three pictures. I'm not sure if they will fit in the matts though. Might have to cut the matts to size.
My mum also bought some (for my sister's birthday!)
Flossy P, oh my God I love the bottom one.
You won't believe it.
My wedding was planned for October because I love Fall, but I got pregnant and moved it up to July.
Angelique got married at Don's parents place by the river in the backyard.
I don't know prices there but in Canada it was very expensive, more expensive then another venue because everything had to be paid for separately and also they got a big tent which was gorgeous.
So exciting.
xoxoo
Beautiful images you've collected! How exciting to get on with the wedding plans, it is fun and frightening to set the date! But much more fun, I think :) Have a great time and enjoy every moment. I love your wednesday posts - great idea!
its going to be beautiful - loving your inspirations!
Post a Comment