flossy-p home

Saturday, March 21, 2009

women of the world

Women Of The World

Last week, in my town, a new exhibition opened. Women of the World featured over 80 illustration, caricature and cartoon works by women from all over the world, and when I say "all over" I don't just mean London, New York and Paris. They were from the most far-flung places; Azerbaijan for example!

At the end of the opening night, Mr You finally convinced me to be brave and introduce myself to the gallery owner, who was lovely, and very excited to find out I was a local. She introduced me to Jules (the guy in the photo), he's the President of the Australian Cartoon Association, and he was really nice. I also got to meet Judy (who painted Amy Winehouse) who had come from Newcastle for the opening night.

I let out an excited little "EEEEP" when I spotted 2 beautiful works by Emma Kidd of Benconservato fame!

The Bunker Gallery is literally that; a gallery build into an old underground war bunker. It's a really great space! The exhibition coincided with International Women's Week, and had such a great response, they're talking about trying to have it again next year.

5 comments:

.girl ferment. said...

oh so exciting.

Allison said...

i am so happy for you!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

...and I might add , having seen this exhibition- Flossy-p was a stand out! Brilliant!!

Esti said...

it looks exciting :)

Renee said...

Good for Mr. You to push you out there so that others can see the star that he is about to call his wife.

Love Renee xoxo