flossy-p home

Friday, March 27, 2009

close call

I've been working on a new commission the past few weeks, and it's due next week, so I've been up til midnight drawing until my eyes are very nearly bleeding. Then this morning, just 10 minutes ago I had a very... close... call.

I set my full cup of tea down on the table, and being not fully awake I put it on the edge of my drawing board and the whole cup tipped over! Thankfully it was all over me (it's not often I would say that). If it had tipped in the opposite direction it would have landed right on the picture... all over it.... exhale! pheeeeeew!

The good news is I didn't get burnt, my picture didn't get damaged and I see that as being a good start to the day. I think this painting is going to be a good one. :)


earthhour- - -


Don't forget Earth Hour tomorrow night :D


- - -


Mr You and I are off to a full weekend sculpture carving workshop together starting tomorrow. That'll put his metallic elbow to the test!

8 comments:

Willie Baronet said...

Phew. ;-)

Geek+Nerd said...

Oh good grief, I've done things like that. I'm glad your drawing was safe!

lil kim said...

Hi Sa---er, flossy ;) Thanks for your comments.
I don't know how many times I have *almost* spilled something on an illustration in progress! Thank you, providence.

Will be out at a restaurant tonight during Earth Hour - I hope they turn off the lights!

ashley said...

oh that workshop sounds amazing!
luck you (twice i suppose with the near tea disaster!)
hope you are well:)
x ashley

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

where is this workshop? I am jealous!!!! how brilliant. hope it was fun. x

Lois said...

I am glad your close call was only that...a close call!
Thanks goodness for small miracles.
I hope you both enjoy the workshop.
Have a great weekend!
Lois

Megan.K. said...

Eeek! Good save!
We did earth hour too - I slep through it, now that's pretty energyu-saving isn't it?

Love that you and your man are off to a sculpture w'shop together, that's love I think.

x

paintandink said...

OMG. My heart stopped, even as I realized that you wrote "close call." Wheeewwww... deep breath.