flossy-p home

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

weddingy wednesday 2

All About The Trees

We set off venue hunting again on the weekend. If nothing else, we've had some lovely weekend outings and discovered some truly beautiful places. A few weeks ago we went to the beaches, the following weekend we went inland to the country and valley.
This time, we followed the river...

Ulmarra Pub

I've been taking snaps at every location so that we can remember them all. I realised a couple of week ago, when we were hitting the beachside venues, that I was taking photo's with my back to the beach, shooting towards the trees. It was then I realised it's all about the trees. Since then when we've been looking at places, I've also been paying close attention to the trees.

Palmers Island

Neither Mr You nor I are particularly religious, however, the idea of being married under a big, old, wise, soul-filled tree to me seems somewhat sacred. As though the union will be witnessed by nature itself. Endorsed by the natural order of things.
I like that idea :)


Inspiration Pics:

ACFBC8C

UnderBigTree1

TreeDraping1

TreeDraping2

UnderBigTree2

(Sorry, I've been grabbing inspiration pics like a madwoman, and haven't recorded where I've been getting them from. I do know a couple of these are from oncewed.com)

6 comments:

Monique said...

I think that having your union witnessed by a big old tree is perfect! What beautiful pictures.

Kate Moore said...

Now, where are you again? Have ideas re trees. Places that maybe you wouldn't think of because you might not have known you could access them. Email me at katiecrackernuts@gmail.com to remind me where you're looking.

Cindy said...

I love the one with the yellow bridemaids dress and the shorter dress and the muslin in the trees, so beautiful.
As someone that got married in the Botanical gardens under the bamboo forest - all for it.

Anastasia said...

oh yes I can just imagine it...gorgeous, fresh air, fragrant nature smells! and trees being so beautiful are like extra guests too

Anna Lloyd said...

I love the photos. Your Wedding is going to be amazing and meaningful, I can just tell! We also had our wedding in the botanic gardens. Some friends of ours got married in a big park in the middle of a enormous patch of grass with no trees ( there was a beautiful old house behind them about 100 metres away), it didn't seem quite right without trees.

Renee said...

I also think trees are sacred and so is the love you and Mr. You have for each other.

So exciting.

xoxoxoxo