flossy-p home

Friday, March 31, 2006

back to the land of the living

IKL's QuiltNo more talk of Larry or the zombies, I'm so sick of telling that story. So what else has been going on? Well I've had this week off work too and have spent most of it schlepping about the house in my p.j's.

Lacey-t her husband and baby have been visiting this week from Adelaide, and we've spent lots of time together catching up and getting to know her baby Ickelberry (don't worry, I did get dressed on those days). The pressure has been on this week to kick myself into gear and get the quilt I've been making for Ickelberry finished once and for all.

Taa Daa! I can't believe I've actually finished something finally. Hopefully this will start a "finishing roll", and all those other things in my pile will get tended to.

Dragon FruitIt's been great having a week at home. Of course it went MUCH faster than I expected, and I didn't get even half way through my list of to-do's, but at least I feel slowed down and refreshed.

During the past 6 months of manic work I was starting to feel like I hardly lived here at all, it's going to be mighty hard going back to work next week. But I have a big weekend planned to make the most of the last few days, including the 2nd annual pong-a-thon ping-pong challenge for Henna's birthday tomorrow.

Blue Candle PotsLastly, I couldn't not share with you the newest member of the blue family. More of a consolation gift to myself rather than a souvenir from our holiday. They are tea-light candle holders. One now lives with my blue fish in the bathroom, and the other one of these babies is going to Ria (one of my closest friends from Uni) for her birthday tonight.
Birthdays, birthdays all around at the moment! Paaaarty.

No comments: