flossy-p home

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

kitchen tin in blue

Blue TinI picked this tin up at a "Trash and Treasure" market. The lady who sold it to me told me it was Dutch, other than that I don't know very much about it at all. It now lives in my kitchen, it has nothing inside, it's only purpose is to look nice.

The blue Dutch tin sits next to a giant empty olive oil tin. I wanted to start collecting big olive oil tins after I came back from Greece, where I had noticed them being used as plant pots. Clusters of plants in tins; all rusty with relics of text and pictures from underneath the foliage. The trouble was that it took us soooooo long to get through the first tin, that I gave up on the quest, and now it stands as a type of trophy to the copius amount of grease we consumed.

No comments: