Thanks Shannon. Not dumb at all - yes, it's watercolour paint and pen on watercolour paper. Took a photo of it (because our scanner is terrible) and tried to fix the bad shadows on the paper in photoshop, not very well I might add. Looks okay on one monitor, and very bad on the other monitor here at my place. It's so hard to get it right.
How do you guys get your illo's to reproduce and still look okay? Should invest in a good scanner?
Fantastic idea....a monster storm...and you've really created that feeling of everything going haywire. By all means, invest in a good scanner. They're not as expensive as they used to be and the quality is great these days. I have an EPSON Perfection 4180 Photo Scanner and it's been treating me well.
beautiful painting and at least it was going upward not downward(just a feelin'....)---i had a lot of experience, cannot count anymore how many storms I have survived. and we were lucky we are in the metro and not near the waters.
At the tender age of 9, a wild scottish woman (a friend of my parents'), convinced me, without a hint of a doubt that my name was Alice Flossy Pumpernickel.
more...
11 comments:
Very nice, is this hand painted? Sorry is that dumb?
Thanks Shannon. Not dumb at all - yes, it's watercolour paint and pen on watercolour paper. Took a photo of it (because our scanner is terrible) and tried to fix the bad shadows on the paper in photoshop, not very well I might add. Looks okay on one monitor, and very bad on the other monitor here at my place. It's so hard to get it right.
How do you guys get your illo's to reproduce and still look okay? Should invest in a good scanner?
I really like this! It reminds me of a Japanese block print.
d
Nice illo
Almost too lovely to be monstrous!
Fantastic idea....a monster storm...and you've really created that feeling of everything going haywire. By all means, invest in a good scanner. They're not as expensive as they used to be and the quality is great these days. I have an EPSON Perfection 4180 Photo Scanner and it's been treating me well.
"Attempt?!" You got it all goin on! Talent and creativity! AWESOME piece!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow...what a beautiful whimsical drawing.
beautiful painting and at least it was going upward not downward(just a feelin'....)---i had a lot of experience, cannot count anymore how many storms I have survived. and we were lucky we are in the metro and not near the waters.
This is pretty great. And I -love- what you did for "tattoo".
I love how you make Larry pull everything in his winded breath. Great color composition!
Post a Comment