flossy-p home

Friday, July 21, 2006

ants

Ants
Mr You is away visiting his family. It only took one day of him being gone before things started to come undone.

I got home last night to find ants on a mass migration through the kitchen. Taking over!

The strangest part is that their trail runs through the cupboards, past the normal flour, the self raising flour, corn flour, brown sugar, white sugar, raw sugar, castor sugar, cocoa powder, desiccated coconut, herbal teas, an aray of vitamins, cereal...
Then, get this, they end at the kettle. They can't need water, it hasn't stopped bucketing down rain here for days. If they were thirsty they could just stay outside, look up and open their itty bitty mouths.

What do they want? I wiped their trail away, swilled out the kettle, and left stacks of little lost disoriented ants raoming around in circles. Then when I came back there were even more coming out of the kettle. They're not in the main part where the water is, they're coming out from under the handle at the top. What doooo theeeey want? Mr You.....?

This morning they're back, they've created a new trail. What should I do? They are too cute to kill, especially now they're my only household company. But if they're not careful I'm going to end up accidentally swallowing a whole tribe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

eee.. i have those in my kitchen too. not a bunch. just a few here and there around the stove ever so often.

Anonymous said...

just boil and digest three times daily.

cheaper then trips to the chinese erbalist.

yousef.

flossy-p said...

:D

Allison said...

oh my! i have no idea what you should do . . . get a pet frog?

rania said...

oh no ants! we've got the same problem here...maybe its passing through the internets!

i think my kitties are getting ant bites. poor kitty cats.