flossy-p home

Saturday, July 15, 2006

stop reminding me

ooooo, scandal over at Illustration Friday! (not really I'm just being a tad dramatic). The new theme went up; "aging" but we'd done that one in August last year. It's usually against my self-imposed rules to submit old works, but this week I was going to break out and post my illo from last year in a desperate attempt to get a link up earlier in the week (and as a bit of a protest of being reminded that I'm getting wrinkley all over again).

BUT, luckily I checked again right before I was about to post, otherwise I would have looked a damn fool, egg on my face and all...
Someone twigged on, and the topic has been gazumped, it's now "sacrifice".
(I tell you what, they run a tight ship over at i-Fri don't they? They're amazing!)

Too bad for those early birds who now have links to an unrelated topic. Call me cruel, but I'm kinda looking forward to sitting back and watching the comments roll in from onlookers unaware of the topic mishap:
"Sick man, you think aging is a sacrifice do you? Well let me tell you something sonny boy, it's not by choice you insensitive little *&%*#@!"

hehehehehe. No, don't panic, I'm sure it'll all be fine, just fine.

2 comments:

Joy Eliz said...

Lol!!! And I think this is the first time I have ever heard the word gazumped!

CRISTOSOVA said...

hehe, the right time for a little Schadenfreude ;) i have to say you still managed just so gracefully to repost your old illustration without looking foolish, lol. and wisdom comes with aging! so heck with the perfect skin, its the sacrifice to intelligent blog entries. behind our screens noone notices anyway.