I've recently made a big decision. I've decided to take a rest from wedding photography for now. I've had a little business on the side (completely separate from my full-time day job) doing wedding photography for about 6 years. It's never been massive, I started because I LOVED doing it, and it was a creative outlet for me at the time. (Don't worry, I'm trained).However these days I have this space for a creative outlet, and it's much less stressfull and less exhausting. Whenever I do a wedding shoot now it seems to be a lot of work; I guess it always was, but I used to love it so much I never noticed. I never wanted to feel like it was a job, it was always suppose to be a passion. So I think it's time to "shelve it" for a while.
I still have to shut down my photography site to make it official, or at least re-do it to be more of a gallery and less of a portfolio. That will be the last step I suppose... gulp.
Since I made this decision I've been riding a little wave of emotion. Guilt, feeling like I've just given up, a little bit of shame that I'm not pushing it further... but now that's subsiding and I'm starting to feel a sense of freedom, space to do something new, excitement!
I need to remind myself that I don't need to do everything all at once, change is good, and now it's time to make way for a new phase to begin.
Change is good, change is good, change is good.
Do it now, do it now, do it now.










4 comments:
i love your opposites illustration. i ran into it somehow. i would love to have a print if you make them...
Thanks for sharing your Cinderella "pick-up" story. It made me smile.
Way to go! Facing change is always so daunting, yet so necessary - especially when it is our choice. I think your success in illustration has proven to be the catalyst for your decision and I'm excited for you because it will open so many new opportunities! Good luck! And yes, change is good! Keep drawing and creating, I love watching what you come up with.
ps. what is your photography website? I'm curious to see what you've been up to with the medium...
wow, thats a big decision! but it must take a lot of time to keep up as well! good luck with the new phase...change is great!
Post a Comment