WOW, thanks everyone, this is the hugest and nicest response I've had from an illo. It means alot to me when people stop to notice the subtleties.
Amy, This one is outlined with a pacer pencil. I can't find a pigma micron in any colour other than black, so for softer illos I've started using the ever-lasting sharpness of a pacer.
Sorry about the whole Elton thing everyone... heee
What a great concept. I love the brids and the detail you put in her braids and the tree. I love your illos they make me feel good & I look forward to your posts each week!
This is so gentle and sweet...it has fairy tale painted all over it. Your work is always so imaginative and exquisite. It's an enchanting combination:>
The simple beauty and girl´s dedication are so lovely, that sacrificing to the rare bird seems to be a gesture that brightens the whole landscape. There is a warm stillness all over the scene.
While saying that I am still reminded of what my boss told me last week. We were talking about art sponsoring when she said its too bad none of us has long blond hair, because her hairdresser had said (yeah yeah, one of those stories where she said that she had said etc.) those real hair braids go away on the market for around 9000 Euros (9500 Dollars). We then both looked at each other thinking how on earth we were going to persuade our Russian art students to sacrifice their hair for our project, lol. (Though I believe we were only joking 96%.)
Of course its more noble to sacrifice to the rare bird. But then, artists are some rare (aka. strange) birds, too, ain´t they?
Now I remember who your pen/wash illos remind me of... the Parnalls... Peter and... um, his wife, I think. I love the graded wash and the hills in the background especially.
9000 Euros you say Cristosova?, hmmmm (rubs hands together and eye twinkles)
Thank-you Knitting Painter Woman, I've never heard of Peter Parnall before, but have spent some time today looking his work up. It's wonderful, thank-you for the lead.
Thank-you Pip, I agree.
Thanks again everyone, there are some really thoughtful comments here!!!
At the tender age of 9, a wild scottish woman (a friend of my parents'), convinced me, without a hint of a doubt that my name was Alice Flossy Pumpernickel.
more...
32 comments:
nice idea and watercolor
Amazing illustration.
Wow...I really love this! One of my favorites this week.
oh wow! I love it! beautiful and poetic!
poetic and smart idea!!
This is lovely.
YES, Elton has been driving me crazy. but this will sooth me. Its lovely.
Well... not until you mentioned it. lol
Beautiful soft illustration!
what a lovely idea! gorgeous illo. Yes now Elton is firmly in my head, thanks. ;-)
absolutely wonderfull! great, melancholic atmosphire.
I really do like the clean lines in your work and the delicate way you use watercolour.
Great concept and beautiful painting. What sort of pen do you use for your outlines?
Nice idea. I hope there are not too many birds arounf or she will end up bald :)
This has such a tranquil, dreamy feel to it - beautiful :)
Beautiful! It is both meditative and joyful.
what a beautiful piece. how generous and kind to give up her hair for the bird's nest.
wow, it tells a wonderful story -very nice
Awesome! Beautiful and surreal.
This is so lovely in both technique and in the heartfelt sacrifice.
Such a lovely and tender image!
omg that's so beautiful and sad too
oh this is great! I didn't get it the first time I looked
Great illo, and very sweet :)
Beautiful illustration and so tender! Love it!
i LOVE it! of course with that darling little bird, how could i not? but really original. i'm struggling with ideas for this one.
WOW, thanks everyone, this is the hugest and nicest response I've had from an illo. It means alot to me when people stop to notice the subtleties.
Amy, This one is outlined with a pacer pencil. I can't find a pigma micron in any colour other than black, so for softer illos I've started using the ever-lasting sharpness of a pacer.
Sorry about the whole Elton thing everyone... heee
What a great concept. I love the brids and the detail you put in her braids and the tree. I love your illos they make me feel good & I look forward to your posts each week!
This is so gentle and sweet...it has fairy tale painted all over it. Your work is always so imaginative and exquisite. It's an enchanting combination:>
The simple beauty and girl´s dedication are so lovely, that sacrificing to the rare bird seems to be a gesture that brightens the whole landscape. There is a warm stillness all over the scene.
While saying that I am still reminded of what my boss told me last week. We were talking about art sponsoring when she said its too bad none of us has long blond hair, because her hairdresser had said (yeah yeah, one of those stories where she said that she had said etc.) those real hair braids go away on the market for around 9000 Euros (9500 Dollars). We then both looked at each other thinking how on earth we were going to persuade our Russian art students to sacrifice their hair for our project, lol. (Though I believe we were only joking 96%.)
Of course its more noble to sacrifice to the rare bird. But then, artists are some rare (aka. strange) birds, too, ain´t they?
Now I remember who your pen/wash illos remind me of... the Parnalls... Peter and... um, his wife, I think. I love the graded wash and the hills in the background especially.
lots of little girls will relate to the sacrifice of their long locks for one reason or another, but what a lovely thought this is.
9000 Euros you say Cristosova?, hmmmm (rubs hands together and eye twinkles)
Thank-you Knitting Painter Woman, I've never heard of Peter Parnall before, but have spent some time today looking his work up. It's wonderful, thank-you for the lead.
Thank-you Pip, I agree.
Thanks again everyone, there are some really thoughtful comments here!!!
Post a Comment