“What?” I replied, bewildered and stunned, scratching my still bed-haired head. Unaware of what was going on.
I’d been sitting there for about 5 mins looking at the swollen comment count on my ‘opposites’ illo post (before reading them), through my bleary morning eyes, trying to work out what went wrong, mumbling to myself…
“Oh, jeez I must have stuffed something up when I published that post last night, my comments have duplicated themselves… Oh hang on, maybe Blogger is having a freak out…”
Then I caught a glimpse of a few words in the comments; “pick of the week” “congratulations”, just as Mr You’s “Sucked-In!” came at me from across the room. He had already worked out that my illustration had made this week's Illustration Friday's Pick of the Week!
(Note: Sucked-in is what high school kids yell out instead of saying “Oh, that’s too bad”)
He’d been telling me all week that he thought my fishy-illo was a good one, and I’d spent all week telling him reasons why I thought it wasn’t. So the pick-of-the-week thing was a complete victory for him.
We laughed as the reality and irony of it sunk in; the week I do an illo that is even too weird for me to appreciate is the one and only week the spotlight shines in my direction. HA!
Luckily having a good laugh at myself is not unusual, and I am really thrilled!
Thank-you for your congratulations, and your visits and all those excellent comments, I really really thrive on them.
For newcomers, it’s nice to meet you. I haven't really achieved a consistent style yet, but don’t normally do illos like this, so feel free to check out a few old ones that I have liked much better:
Sacrifice, from July 06
Self Portrait, from June 06
Fat, from May 06
Spotted, from April 06
Tattoo, from March 06
Also, to spread the love, here are a few (of the many many many) i-Fri people who’s illustrations I really enjoy:
Some Time Soon
Theo Design
Three Ravens Press
Troglodyte Mignon
Mutt Ink
Roz Foster
Sweet Pea
Loontown Tinies
Shoofly
Bunshine
Because It's Fun
Mumspotting
Too Many Thoughts
Reimao
Lil Kim
Joy Eliz
Amy Zaleski
Irisz at Artista blog
Dudadaze
Angelato
Smoen
and of course our almighty queen, Penelope










5 comments:
I believe I found your blog through Loobylou , but your clever blogging style and absolutely brilliant illustrations keep me comning back.
A well deserved Victory for sure, I thought the fish were stunning in their surrealism.
Congratulations.
Congrats, Flossy! I was so happy to see your fishy up there as pick-o'-the-week. Definitely well deserved for your crazy creativity and wonderful execution.
very nice of you to mention my lil blog. (don't have to tell you the feeling is mutual.)and thanks for your comments on the "Order Of The Cup" blog. hee hee. very much appreciated and no you didn't break any rules!! hey if you think you'd be interested in joining let us know...?
Hey, that´s wonderful!!! Congratulations! It proves Penelope has an impeccable taste :) It probably also proves that the Far Side is always worth exploring! I am happy for you!
xx
C.
Well, darn, I didn't make the list. :-) But I do really love your portrait drawing in this post!
Sorry Rramone, I love your work too!!!! I did say it was a short list of MANY. I'll make sure you're in my next list.
Post a Comment