flossy-p home

Thursday, July 06, 2006

sticky

Sticky
My Illustration Friday attempt for "sticky".

Completely unrelated to my illustration, but sticky all the same...
At a big wedding on the weekend I witnessed the aftermath of a chocolate fondue fountain exploding all over a bunch of children. They all came running outside, splattered from head to toe in big dollops of chocolate, squealing... with joy. It took us a moment to work out if they were squealing in pain from being burnt, but no, they were running around and around in circles, with the biggest of them yelling out "It's a very chocolatey chocolatey day!", as if to thank the gods for this fortunate event.
The rabble punctuated occasionally with each of them stopping for a pit stop licking some chocolate off their knee or arm or anywhere else really. Seriously they were covered in it!

16 comments:

Diane Duda said...

I really like this ( and your story).

° said...

looks lik eshe swung thru a big bubble of pink bubble gum

allison luci said...

Beautiful background...funny story, I could just picture the fun mess!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful illo. The goo almost looks like hands holding her up.

marcisenders said...

Cute! Great style!

Susan Mitchell said...

This looks like the great bubblegum explosion! Very fun and I enjoyed your chocolatey chocolatey day story!

Amy Farrier said...

Beautiful colors and composition. I hope she wins her struggle against the attack of the bubblegum bodysnatcher.

stephanie said...

I just love your work! You always come up with a creative way of displaying the theme. Your usage of watercolor, lines, & ink are great. I love the pink bubblegum glob. Geat job!

Matt Phelan said...

Everything about this picture is great.

Amy Zaleski said...

You have great stories....and this picture just says it all.

Ryan said...

Nice job capturing the tension in the goo. I hope you weren't caught on cleanup detail with the fountain.

Anonymous said...

BUBBLEGUM ATTACK!!!

good job! love it!

carla said...

Your interpretations are always so imaginative and creative...and your style is beautiful. I loved the story about the chocoalte fountain...those kids must have thought it was a dream come true:>

Ginger*:) said...

Quite interesting, unique and definately sticky. I loved hearing about the exploding fondue... all the while wishing I had been there!

islandarts said...

another stunning illustration.
I would give my eye teeth for a photo of those chocolate covered children!

Joy Eliz said...

Oh, glorious chocolate day indeed!!! love this illo!