Thusly...

- Everyone seems to agree that Persepolis is a thing of great beauty and wonder. I intend to include the books in my letter to Santa this year, thanks for the tips :D
- Anastasia, I believe (along with crowds of others) the best felafel in Sydney is to be found at Rowda Ya Habibi. Get the felafel roll to take away, it's amazing, but I'd pass on the chili if I were you, it's bloody hot.
- Katie, I used to live in Sydney. Now I live tucked between the beach and the bush 20 mins north of Coffs Harbour. We moved here almost a year ago, it's very pretty, but I miss my friends terribly as you could probably summate from my last post.
- Rayne, good lord woman! Jump on a bus and get yourself to an Ikea soon. Pack a sleeping bag and take a sherpa though, it takes months to get through the store.
- Photo of dress, for those who asked, is squeezed in above (bravely). Pretty, but totally rock'n'roll if worn with boots and coloured tights. I almost talked myself into getting it incase I ever get married, so I can wear it as a wedding dress, but then I thought it'd be a bit constricting if I end up as a 8 month shotgun bride. ;) I eventually decided I should be taking my hemlines a bit more age-appropriately these days. Damn getting older, damn it!
- Requested photo's of new fringe under consideration... I think I need to get more used to it myself first. Just imagine, it used to go discreetly to the side, now it's all full and forward, and requires heavily mascara'd eyelashes to make it look cool.
- Thanks again for all the shared joy and sorrow. It's reassuring to know others with far-away friends are going through the same thing I am.
- I'm feeling a bit more cheery today... This weekend marks the long anticipated launch of the exhibition. More news on that tomorrow!! weeeeeeee.










8 comments:
Ahhh great photos, great dress.. Great great great.
It's hard living apart from friends - even living across the other side of the city, I rarely ever see my friends and sometimes feel a world apart.. But it can be a positive.. Yes.. I constantly remind myself of that. More power to you. x
Look forward to hearing more about the exhibition! And sounds like you had a great time in Syd-knee.
About the moving away from friends/family thing, I have now been in Australia for 7 years (from Canada/family in USA). I can't say that it gets any easier I'm afraid. But I reckon it takes a good 2 years to settle into a new place, make friends, find your way, etc. so hang in there chickadee. At least your previous life is only a drive away. xx
Love the dress! To hell with age and hemlines! Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead. I'll loan you my flame boots if you want...
Ah, I don't mean to sound creepy, but my initial thought when I saw the photo of you in the dress was "Hey, how am I on flossy's blog?!" We have kind of similar body types, though you seem like you'd be taller than my 5 feet and 3 inches!
Also, that dress is amazing. Right up my alley style wise too.
I hope you post a photo of the new fringe!
I am glad you're feeling a little better. And you should wear whatever hemline you like and don't care for what fashion dictates you should wear. It's all about confidence anyway. Look and feel confident and you'd look great in a sack, I'm sure.
PM Mama: I have wondered if moving back, but on the outskirts of the city would be better or exactly the same... But you are right, there are positive parts :)
Lil Kim: Yes, I am very glad that we are only a drive away. I have a good friend from California now living in Sydney and I often feel very sad for him being so far away from his family.
Rayne: Thanks so much for the offer of your flame boots, I thought you'd never offer! ;D
FlossyFlotsam: hehehe, I'm 5.1 if I stretch, so you win!
Katie: Thanks for the tip. I'll try the confident sack experiment and let you know how I fair :)
Holy moly, flossy! You are tiny! For some reason I've always pictured you around 5'5"-5'7". I'm not really sure why. Maybe because I didn't have much to go on!
I suddenly feel very tall. How rare.
Fab Dress!! you look so cute in it! thanks for the felafel tip...ive actually been there before but only for coffee and lebanese sweets...i love Newtown, im so lucky i live 15mins away from King St...great food!
Post a Comment