Tomorrow marks the anniversary of when we left Sydney and arrived here to our new life. Normally the 1st Anniversary is traditionally marked with gifts of paper. But even if we got creative with paper mache it just wouldn't do... you see we shall be celebrating tomorrow by having titanium parts inserted into Mr You's elbow to replace the bits that got all smashed up on Sunday.
Before you ask...
- skateboarding
- no, this was not his first time (either skating or breaking, he's been doing both forever)
- right arm
- yes, he's right handed
- yes, while it's been quiet on this blog, in the background there's been a right flurry
I will, however, be attemping to celebrate the anniversary in the more traditional (and somewhat safer) "paper" way, and plan to announce a little give-away here before the week is through. Stay tuned.
Now excuse me, I'm off to shop for some man-sized hospital PJ's.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










9 comments:
Oh no! Poor Mr. You! Broken bones really are such a terrible thing. I hope he heals up nicely and soon!
Happy Anniversary!
Oh noes! My fiancefriend broke his arm a couple years back, in the middle of winter when we had outside stairs and lived in the craptasticly weathered midwest.
I hope he has a speedy recovery, and low pain amounts.
Oh no! I hope the man gets better soon! Happy Anniversary!
ow! That is a bit of a scare. Hope everything goes ok with the surgery. Ick...I hate hospitals.
Um...happy anniversary?? :)
Wow Mr. You! You must be more careful ;) Hurry and get better.
Happy Titanium, or um, anniversary!
I'm so sorry to hear about his break! Hope he recovers quickly!
oh dear, I hoep he mends quickly! And Happy Anniversary :)
I can totally empathise, my husband skates too - and sometimes takes our three year old.. Even though I have time to myself, my thoughts are often consumed by wondering if they're both ok!!
I've heard of a platinum and gold anniversary, but not a titanium. Hmm. Original Mr You!
Get better soon!
Hi Flossy,
You have won a prize. You have scored yourself a pair of hoop earrings. Could you please send me your postage address via the email link on my blog, and I will have them sent off to you straight away.
xox Nicole
ps. sorry if I've already told you..I'm forgetful today!
Post a Comment