flossy-p home

Thursday, September 18, 2008

on my walls

I've been tagged by esti to play along with a great meme "on my walls". So here goes...

Big windows dominate the wall space in our house, and the view demands attention...

Big Window

Sometimes the outside shines inside and the shapes from the garden share the walls...

Garden Shadows

Because we live in a rented house, with freshly painted walls, I haven't been game to hammer in hooks to my hearts content just yet. I've been adding 1 picture at a time inbetween each rental inspections, hoping they won't notice if I do it gradually, hehehe. In the meantime we have lots of shelves, and that's how we decorate our walls at the moment.

Dining Room
Ceramic lady head by Wendy Littlewood. Cherry tree print by Rania from Gosh Darn Knit. Resigned Drummer original by Troglodyte Mignon. Clear Thoughts print by Beth Berst. Cosby Sweater Man original by Leah Felicity Budin. Quiet Forest print by Ashley Goldberg.

I find the house itself, and the tree soaked surroundings dictates the earthy woody style within. Don't you think each house decides its own decorating style? I do...

KittyTeaCup
This is the picture in our bedroom, the first thing I see each morning. Yes, that makes me VERY happy. This is an original painting called "tea time" by Amy Huddleston.

DKBarton
Tiny picture by Del Kathryn Barton.

Green Shelves

Music Room
My print by Matty8080 sits in the music room. I think he likes it there :)

SquareShelves
We have a huge set of square shelves that hold SO much stuff. Books, trinkets and art or course. These 2 squares feature a gorgeously detailed original called "White Flags" by Abigail Halpin. And also a lovely print by Dan-ah Kim

My front room/studio/office is a little different. Cleaner, lighter, more breezy...

Deer Etching

Dandelions
Dandelions print by Penelope Dullaghan.

Bird Tree

And if I look up from my computer screen, this is what I see...
PostCards

If you've ever sent me something it's probably there (look closely). Mind you there's quite a few nooks I have not shown here. So if you know I have a piece of your art, never fear, it is framed and sitting in some pretty corner of my house. And I thank-you for that :)

As you can probably tell I really have to restrain myself when it comes to buying other peoples art. I would have hundreds if I could. I do not have any of my own work hanging on my walls. I'm still considering it though.

_ _ _

So, I now tag:
- Bec from The Small Stuff
- Sarah from Geek+Nerd
- Hila from the newly renamed Lumiere

_ _ _

p.s. Only one more day to sign up for the give-away. I'll be announcing the winners tomorrow afternoon.

8 comments:

Rayne said...

Your walls look wonderful. I could probably spend all day being quite rude and perusing all of your art.

Lisa [strickerin] said...

I do love a bit of voyeurism into the way others live. Such a gorgeous place.

I vote yes to putting some of your own art up too.

Geek+Nerd said...

Thank goodness you tagged me for this because I've been absolutely speechless when it comes to blogging lately. All my posts would look like this:

Eat, Dance, Work, Sleep
Eat, Dance Work, Work on Dance Company Sleep
Eat, Dance, Work, Sleep
Eat, Dance Work, Work on Dance Company Sleep
Eat, Dance, Work, Sleep
Eat, Dance Work, Work on Dance Company Sleep
Eat, Dance, Work, Sleep
Eat, Dance Work, Work on Dance Company Sleep

Hallelujah for something else to talk about!

Allison said...

i love this post! i am so sensitive to my environment, and so i am always so curious about other people's living spaces. i've been wanting to do a similar post for a while - all the art that adorns my walls - and now you've really inspired me! you have a gorgeous collection.

Anastasia said...

beautiful walls - some great artwork there!!!
your place looks so calm and relaxing and full of that beautiful aussie light!!

Bec said...

Wow, you have so much beautiful art, and such a good design aesthetic as well. Your home looks lovely. I'm afraid my offering may look a little light on in comparison (and half of it will be art done by my kids :P) but I am looking forward to doing it. Thanks for tagging me!!! And I'm another one who thinks you should definitely have some of your own art on your walls. I guess it's kinda the same as me using a bag I have sewn myself! And your art is so gorgeous - it really does deserve to be on walls ;)

Esti said...

Wow, you have such a wonderful art collection! Thanks for sharing!

Hila said...

ooh thanks for the tag! I will post my tag tomorrow. You have such a wonderful collection of art.