flossy-p home

Saturday, October 18, 2008

barry comes to stay

One of the giveaways I won (that I mentioned during the week) arrived yesterday, from Jenny at Daisy Chain. I won Barry. He's so beautifully made, and has such expression on his face. He came with some great bonus luggage, including fabrics, a really cute keyring, vintage buttons, and a paper crane :)

Anyway, I'm now handing the microphone over to Barry as he's been keen to "phone home".

Thanks Jenny, he's wonderful! :)
_ _ _


Dear Mum,

I had a pretty comfy journey here, and it went faster than I thought, and I slept most the way. I was really anxious about leaving home and coming to live with flossy-p and Mr You, but they seem to really like me and are taking good care of me. Even though you put extra confident on my insides when you made me, I only needed it in the first few moments. After that I had heaps of fun. I've sent you a few pictures of my first day here...


Barry_pic1
Barry_pic2
Barry_pic3

Barry_pic4

Barry_pic5

I had so much fun, and my favourite part was watching the whales splash and play. I think I'm really going to like it here. Flossy said you can come visit whenever you want!!! And she even told me they have good friends that live not far from you in Blackwood, and they visit them every other year. So next time they go I can come too and visit you!

Give everyone a big hug for me,
Baz .xx.

20 comments:

CurlyPops said...

OMG Baz is hilarious! Can I come and live at your house too? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Hybrid Hopes said...

that is ridiculously awesome.
hurray for birds!

Jenny said...

Dear Barry,
I wish I was there too! Glad to se you are being very spoiled and having such a lovely time at your new home. Don't forget your manners and not to be too greedy-we both know what you're like!!! Thanks to Flossy P-you are awesome!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Life looks pretty sweet for Barry.. Wish you were here, I wish I was there too Baz.

Anna Lloyd said...

Hee. Flossy-P you are so funny. Isn't Barry lucky to live there.

Shauna said...

Oh this post made my day... my week! my month! so bloody hilarious :) baz is a dead cutie.

laura said...

This entry is full of WIN.
That was ridonkculously cute.
Thank you for sharing!

I once did something sort of similar when my boyfriend and I received handmade sock monkeys for christmas, except I made them speak like lolcats, not sure why. I will share with you since you've shared with us:
http://flossyflotsam.livejournal.com/141412.html#cutid1

Geek+Nerd said...

That was so so cute, and it made me smile!

Renee said...

Absolutely adorable. I loved it. Thanks.

Regina said...

Ha! this is so great!! My little guys really enjoyed Barry's journey too.

Katrina Jackson said...

How cute! That totally brought a smile to my face!

.girl ferment. said...

hooray for barry!
i adore tiny tucan but i am concerned the camel with the accent will never make it up the tree...?

Anastasia said...

this is wonderful!! barry is having a great time!!!

Megan.K. said...

That cracked me up! Whata crazy bird :)Baz should fly north and meet my owlie from linoforest, they would get on well I think!

Kim said...

Excellent photo-story and a wonderful sense of humor! Who knew Baz had so much to say?

Drewzel said...

Fan-farking-tastic!!! I love Baz!! I hope he writes regularly :P

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

What a fabulous post!

Jacinta said...

Great pics and captions. They remind me a little of Aardman (Wallace and Grommit fame).
Very cool.

Allison said...

Esme loved this!

BumbleVee said...

love the little guitar.... hahahah.... love the whole post... what fun. I wanna come to the beach too.....